Honored Contributor

Re: Paisley Pants: Yay, Nay, or...

[ Edited ]

Cute!  I like the first two looks...I'd wear it.

#1 & #2!

Trusted Contributor

I like all of them but 1 & 2 resonate- I do like 3 but the Leatherish jacket is too "un" seasonal for a crop pant. 

Honored Contributor

Paisley is on of my favorite prints, but not all versions in all colors. I prefer the gold/yellow version of the print.

Paisley motifs are really “fun” to crochet. I use them frequently.
Respected Contributor

I like the first two outfits. Not a fan of the third, and absolutely HATE the shoes. Those are just awful!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF : Nay on all 3 looks- and I love blue.

They break the woman's form in half. In addition, paisley prints on clothing look OL. I have never seen a young woman, stylish or otherwise, wear anything paisley. This was brought to my attention by both my stylish, 20-something year old sons and I agree with them. Even a young, tall thin woman can't make these looks work. The pics look to me like she is trying too hard.

Honored Contributor

I am neither tall and thin or young and I have owned many pairs of paisley pants over the years.  Mine have always been the classic look like the first blue and white ones.  I LOVE the look.

The rest of the look hippy dippy, boho, and none of that appeals to me.  Yes, I had a pair of red bell bottoms in the 70's but nothing like that since and I was very thin then.

I think paisley is a wonderful look if done in a less loud and flashy way, like the first ones.  Talbots is a great resource for that kind of look, and usually has some really nice printed pants!  And skirts!  Such a summery look to me! 

Respected Contributor

I've never seen paisley pants flatter anyone who wasn't very tall, very thin, and very young.  Nice on upholstery, though.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

I have to pick none of the above. I love paisley but not in a pant. In general, I wear very few printed pants. The pants and jackets are ok, but not something I would wear. I like the navy handbag and top. I don’t like the shoes at all. 

Honored Contributor

I'm 72 and "grew up" with this. I hated it then and still do!

Honored Contributor

Yay, re: true paisley.   In slim-ish or straight leg pants.

Nay re: wide/bell bottom prints.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).