Trusted Contributor

Re: Paisley Lightweight Dress

Love it!

Valued Contributor

That's super cute.

I love paisley.  It's one of my favorite prints - for home and clothing.

Honored Contributor

It's cute. Personally I don't care for the fringe, nor the sleeve length and I think the sleeves should be all in the denim, maybe elbow length.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@lolakimono

Pretty from the front. I don't like the neckline from the back

@Andreatoo, I agree. The dress is fitted and pretty in the front, but in the back it looks like a muumuu. The two just don't go together, IMO. @lolakimono

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Calessa Paisley Embroidered Tassel Trim Dress

Calessa Paisley Embroidered Tassel Trim Dress

Calessa at Dillard's-Item # 05406983

I think this is super cute for a three season dress!  I don't love 3/4 sleeves, but I would work with them.

@lolakimono

Cute! I don’t care for the bit of fringe or the gray background - but change those things and I like it. I love paisley.

Those don’t really look like 3/4 sleeves to me; they are longer than that. On the model they look like bracelet length sleeves.. or maybe they are full length and the model is just tall; has long arms.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't get past the flared sleeves.  For me, the combination of the big flare and the paisley on the sleeves is too much.  But I guess the sleeves could be altered.  I'm a big paisley lover, but not so much this dress.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo

I completely agree.  

As someone who used to sew all my clothing (when dinosaurs roamed the earth), I'm looking at that neckline and see no good reason for having added gathers.

They could have kept a smooth line and it would have been much nicer.

I do love the paisely though, but, a bit short me me now.  

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Andreatoo

I completely agree.  

As someone who used to sew all my clothing (when dinosaurs roamed the earth), I'm looking at that neckline and see no good reason for having added gathers.

I think it's supposed to have a sort of boho/peasant-y look, thus the reason for the gathering. (I also thought the background was a blue chambray-like fabric -- someone else mentioned gray, I think.)

Respected Contributor

I like her shoes and the concept of the dress, I just dont care for paisly prints.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Andreatoo

I completely agree.  

@Witchy Woman  Ha ha, you made me giggle! I used to sew all of my clothing "when dinosaurs roamed the earth," too.  Lately I've been getting back into it a bit.  There is a whole community of "sewists" as they call themselves online on Instagram.  Many blogs and online pattern companies, too.  It's so nice to look on Instagram and see women of all sizes wearing a particular pattern instead of just the picture or drawing on the front of the envelope.  I stumbled into all of this by accident and it's really re-kindled my interest in sewing.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett