Honored Contributor

I saw your question about the Linea Ikat cotton jacket while doing reviews.

Your question:

I can't figure out what the chest measurement is for this item. The numbers given are not the usual ones. I usually wear a S, but in a jacket I can take a M.

My answer in case it doesn't get 'approved':

This jacket IMO is smaller than the click here measurements stated. The fabric doesn't have stretch the way a knit fabric does. I would say go up one numerical size from what you would order that is the equivalent of the Small. I ordered an 8 and felt it was tight with the ENR chili pepper tank.I usually wear a S in tops., and depending on the style of the jacket either remain a S or go up to a M. I reordered the 10 and this was a better fit for me with that tank below it. It also looked good without a tank below and worn as a blouse on its own.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Thank you. I'm putting it on my wish list in a M. I honestly don't know what my numerical size is; I only shop at T.J. Maxx where I am everything. I would want to wear it as a jacket; I have a short sleeved chili pepper WK and all kinds of black WK's.

Honored Contributor

According to the charts this ikat blouse is in numerical sizing so that would mean either a 10 or 12 should work for you. Look at the chest measurements and the cross the back shoulder set in sleeve measurement. Maybe compare those to a non stretch jacket that you already own and order accordingly. HTH.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I usually wear an 8. Sometimes a 10 in pants. I'll size up to a 10 but I will measure first. I got a S in the T shirt dress. It was perfect except the sleeves were a bit snug. Since others complained about them I figured it was the cut.