Respected Contributor

I’ve had one of Lands End’s packable down jackets for a few years now and love it. In addition to being lightweight and packable, it really is warm and toasty. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't own a Land's End packable down jacket but I do own one that I bought at Sears Canada last summer I also bought my husband a packable down jacket and both of us packable down vests at Sears Canada last winter before they went out of business.

A packable down jacket for a Las Vegas trip in January is a good idea. It can be cold in Las Vegas in winter and a lightweight jacket that doesn't take up a lot of room in your luggage is what we brought with us last February.

Trusted Contributor

I own a Lands End packable jacket.  I have always carried it with me when I travel during the fall and winter.  I’ve worn it in NoCal and Fl and everywhere in between.  I found you never know when you’ll need it!  It’s also my everyday fall/winter coat since I live in the Northeast. It washes well and is easy to move around in.  My coat is slightly longer than the one you chose and has a hood.  You can’t go wrong with a packable down!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Packable Down Jackets

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 .. I have 2 Michael Kors packable down jackets.  Purchased them from Macy's.  Have had them for about three years.  I really like them.  

Honored Contributor

Eddie Bauer is having a 50%-off sale right now. They use the best down in their coats. @Greeneyedlady21

Respected Contributor

Costco has coats at great prices, check them out.

Honored Contributor

Travelling in January? Just wear your down jacket. Then you won't need to worry about packing it....wear it.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Re: Packable Down Jackets

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

The Lands End jacket is $109 which is ridiculous, but doable at 40% off. 

Actually, $109 is an excellent price for a down jacket. You're not going to get quality for $40. My Eddie Bauer down sweaters (which is essentially what a lighter weight jacket is) were closer to $200, which is still reasonably priced for what you're getting. 

BTW, the jacket you're looking at is temp rated from -9 to +14. It's a really warm jacket. The average high temp in January in Vegas is 58, with an average low of 34. That's coolish, but hardly cold enough to require a down jacket, particularly this one. If you have significant other opportunities to need a warm winter jacket, fine, but I wouldn't buy one for a 3 day trip.  

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21, check your e-mail.  I just received an e-mail from Lands End for 50% off one item. 

Valued Contributor

AGREED!!! if the human race was to WITNESS all  these inhumane practices in which the human race tortures innocent animals, whether it be in the food industry or clothing industry, or cosmetics and household products THEY WOULD BE SICK.... its called turning a blind eye...