Esteemed Contributor

Re: PUTTING OUT SPRING/SUMMER CLOTHES, BUT.....

You are a hoot, @Icegoddess .  I love that you say it like it is.  It sounds like you do have your hands full.  I hope your nursing duties will be over soon.  I also hope that you like whatever you had done to your hair.

You deserve chocolate.........a lot of chocolate!  Sit down and enjoy it.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

You are a hoot, @Icegoddess .  I love that you say it like it is.  It sounds like you do have your hands full.  I hope your nursing duties will be over soon.  I also hope that you like whatever you had done to your hair.

You deserve chocolate.........a lot of chocolate!  Sit down and enjoy it.  

@tends2dogs I had a grilled cheese and some chocolate.  

Hubby is fine.  He is able to drive now although he can't do anything strenuous, so he's out for trivia night.  The hairdresser was for just a trim.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess   Yum.  Woman Very Happy  Glad DH is on the mend.  Trivia is fun in a group.  Sit back and have a good night!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I've had lunch on outside terraces. 

It seems very normal here in western NC in regard to heavy traffic.   It's much different than last spring. 

Thinking about clothes, unless you are in a bank or similar job, suits and more formal types of dressing are becoming passe'.  It seems that people are putting comfort ahead of traditional clothing.

I have both wardrobes and mix them at times.

Will always love a crisp white shirt with a jacket, jeans, and diamonds!

I will not ever wear tennis shoes with skirts or dresses.  Too many cute, cute comfortable brands out there!

@ECBG   You're my kind of Gal!!! I think "dressing up" was going out before COVID. Even in the nicest restaurants here on a Sat. night, women would show up in jeans and tees. I like getting dressed up a bit...different from my daily clothes, but there's no place to wear those clothes. 

I have purchased a suit "very much on sale" just to get the blazer that fit. Separate blazers, especially in petites, seem difficult to find. I love a black linen blazer, turned up sleeves, with my jeans and white shirt...popped collar. Of course my signature pearls/chains and armful of bangles are always present. Call me a rebel. 

Men's clothes changed years ago. DH hardly ever wears sport coats to work....sometimes not a tie in summer. At our mall, Jos.A. Banks, a men's store that sold suits/sport coats is out of business here. Some of the stores across the country have closed, too....a sign of the times. Everyone seems to be more casual. 

BTW, no one in our banks, male or female are wearing suits...no heels, hose, etc. like years ago. I'm sure since your job is "fashion", you've seen all these changes. When I go to a sale rack, all the lace blouses, dressy tops and sheath dresses are what's left behind. 

Enjoy your terrance lunches...have a feeling very soon tourists will be headed your way and outdoor seating will make it hard to find a table. 

Have a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I've had lunch on outside terraces. 

It seems very normal here in western NC in regard to heavy traffic.   It's much different than last spring. 

Thinking about clothes, unless you are in a bank or similar job, suits and more formal types of dressing are becoming passe'.  It seems that people are putting comfort ahead of traditional clothing.

I have both wardrobes and mix them at times.

Will always love a crisp white shirt with a jacket, jeans, and diamonds!

I will not ever wear tennis shoes with skirts or dresses.  Too many cute, cute comfortable brands out there!

@ECBG   You're my kind of Gal!!! I think "dressing up" was going out before COVID. Even in the nicest restaurants here on a Sat. night, women would show up in jeans and tees. I like getting dressed up a bit...different from my daily clothes, but there's no place to wear those clothes. 

I have purchased a suit "very much on sale" just to get the blazer that fit. Separate blazers, especially in petites, seem difficult to find. I love a black linen blazer, turned up sleeves, with my jeans and white shirt...popped collar. Of course my signature pearls/chains and armful of bangles are always present. Call me a rebel. 

Men's clothes changed years ago. DH hardly ever wears sport coats to work....sometimes not a tie in summer. At our mall, Jos.A. Banks, a men's store that sold suits/sport coats is out of business here. Some of the stores across the country have closed, too....a sign of the times. Everyone seems to be more casual. 

BTW, no one in our banks, male or female are wearing suits...no heels, hose, etc. like years ago. I'm sure since your job is "fashion", you've seen all these changes. When I go to a sale rack, all the lace blouses, dressy tops and sheath dresses are what's left behind. 

Enjoy your terrance lunches...have a feeling very soon tourists will be headed your way and outdoor seating will make it hard to find a table. 

Have a great day.

@Shanus  I totally agree with your observations about todays dress style.  Once in a while you see a summer dress, and yes it is refreshing and feminine to see, but it is not me.  When you mentioned buying a suit just for the blazer, I have done that in the past also.  I then donated the skirt or pants that went with it.  As far as menswear, I don't see any men wearing ties or jackets. My DH has a couple suits that we have on hand for funerals. Woman Frustrated   Woman Frustrated Like you, dressing up a casual outfit with jewelry and attitude seems to be the way to go these days.......funny, that has been my style for a long time.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I went thru the winter things as I was preparing to switch out for the seasons.  I wore most things, but I still go to work 3x a week so that helped.  I washed and put a few things in a donate pile..then I got out my summer things - tried everything on and everything fit!!  Dressier things were not worn at all, I'll hang on to those things for another year and see if I have need for all those things.

I did look at summer things with an evil eye and got rid of several tops...neckline to low, hi low hems (why did I buy?) and a few things I just didn't like.

I don't need any clothes for summer except I'd like a longer sweater that I can wear a shirt with and the arms are not to tight.  I'll have to go to the mall for that purchase.