Honored Contributor

Re: PUTTING OUT SPRING/SUMMER CLOTHES, BUT.....

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have been wearing my dressy stuff since church re-opened last summer.  It's the in-between stuff I haven't been wearing.  The nicer tops that I would wear out to lunch with friends and the like.  

I'm looking forward to finding out that stores are allowing trying on clothes since I need to rotate my jeans and I didn't buy any last year since I couldn't try them on.

@Icegoddess   The dressing room deal has bugged me too, but I get it. What I don't like is having clothing in several sizes on my charge card until I try them on at home and then find time to go back to the store to make returns.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have been wearing my dressy stuff since church re-opened last summer.  It's the in-between stuff I haven't been wearing.  The nicer tops that I would wear out to lunch with friends and the like.  

I'm looking forward to finding out that stores are allowing trying on clothes since I need to rotate my jeans and I didn't buy any last year since I couldn't try them on.

@Icegoddess   The dressing room deal has bugged me too, but I get it. What I don't like is having clothing in several sizes on my charge card until I try them on at home and then find time to go back to the store to make returns.

@Shanus Exactly!  I hate unnecessary trips.  Just yesterday I got a duplicate of the PTR TSV I ordered recently.  Now, I have to make a trip to the post office to return it while worrying that they will also cancel my auto-ship.  They didn't charge me for it, but there's also the possibility that they might credit my account for it.  So, I'll have to put a note in the box and hope they get it right.

Honored Contributor

all of my clothing and accessories are in my closets year round. i dont need to do any switching. i like that i know what i have at any given time of the year, especially in a month where i could be wearing both cold weather clothing and warm weather clothing. just last month we had 30 degree weather AND 80 degree weather.

cannot tell you how much decluttering i have been doing! we have been giving away bags and bags of stuff every month.....and sometimes every two weeks. household items, books, clothing, accessories, decor, small furniture. so glad that they began pickups again. i have also been sending some clothing to THRED UP.

i never really stopped leaving the house this past year or so, so i have been wearing my clothing, shoes, jewelry, and handbags.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Shanus , my Spring wardrobe is non-existent. This time last year I weighed 35 pounds more so nothing fits. I am struggling with my "fantasy" self and loving sleeveless sheath dresses (Jackie Kennedy) or summer skirts with tanks and being practical and fitting in with the more casual lifestyle most women my age embrace. Decisions, decisions...

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus certainly my clothes and shoes didn't get much use for the past year either so like you I will defer making decisions on what to donate or discard until I have the chance to give it consideration.

during the summer last year, we did some socially distanced gatherings in each other's yards but as you say that didn't require much "dressing up".

We did go to church for Easter and I decided by golly that I was going to dress up a bit so I did wear a nice dress and shoes. We were lucky with the weather. It wasn't wet so I didn't have to opt for boots.

I'm going thru and sorting though to see what I do want to keep. I have a couple of coats that the pockets are no longer functional - from here on out I am not buying a coat if it doesn't have a heavier pocket lining. I tear them up taking my car keys in and out of my pockets. I usually used a lanyard to avoid that but due to the covid deal I didn't want to put something over my head so the pockets got a workout instead.

Honored Contributor

Nope.  As I've stated a number of times, my office was opened throughout the entire pandemic so I wore my summer work clothes all season.  We continued to boat, camp, jet ski, etc. so my casual clothes got the same wearing as they always do.  The only thing I didn't do last summer is go out to eat.

We've had some warm days here but it's not warm enough for me to make the closet transition. When I need warm weather clothes, I go into my spare bedroom and pull something out.  I realized that I need more tops so I will be getting some shopping done.   

Esteemed Contributor

Seem to be in some kind of time machine here.  Looks like I wore Capri leggings and tunics in 2019!

Not sure if I am up to ordering and returning yet.  No doubt by summer 2022 even I will be embarrassed.

Esteemed Contributor

My clothing stays where it is year round.  I'm pretty organized and have sections for different types of clothing.  My main closet has all my regular clothing while my extra closet has my dress clothes, bathing suits and cover ups, vacation clothes, ALL of my shoes/sneakers, my Irish sweaters, on and on.   I did go through my closet and donated some items I never wear or that doesn't fit well any longer.   As others said, it's good to do, it reminds me how much I have and that I certainly shouldn't purchase another item of clothing ever!    

Esteemed Contributor

I got mine out and tried them on a couple of weeks ago. Then put them back where they came from including at least 12 pairs of crops that couldn't make the treacherous  journey up and over my hips. Covid fat. 

Honored Contributor

All of my clothes are in my walk in closet year round.  I don't usually switch anything around. 

Obviously, some things didn't get worn last year because of the shutdown.  I work from home and my lifestyle is casual anyway.  I have a habit of regularly purging things and not overbuying.  I don't need a dozen short sleeve black tees or 2 dozen jeans or things I only wear for special occasions.