Trusted Contributor

Re: PURCHASING STRAIGHT LEG JEANS NOW?

@Shanus Hey, I am paging you on the beauty forum!

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover   Gotcha covered...just replied.

Super Contributor

I like straight-leg jeans or baby boot cut jeans the best on my pear-shaped body. 

My teen daughter and her friends all wear high-waisted, wide leg jeans these days. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

It's been my experience that the leg (more like foot opening) opening helps determine how the pant legs are classified.

I do not wear jeans but when it comes to pants, most of my pants are considered straight leg.  I do have a few dressier pants that are flare or baby palazzo.

Hi @lulu1 What you are describing is my working understanding of jeans, with relaxed fit or pleats or whatever just being roomier at the top part.

Slacks I always assume are straight from the thigh to the hem, as defined here, unless they are described as bootcut, which I then understood taper from the thigh to the knee and then flare.   I always looked for this in slacks, or a tapered style top to bottom.  But for jeans, I always think close to the body, unless they are "relaxed" or "mom."

Honored Contributor

@PreKteacher wrote:

I like straight-leg jeans or baby boot cut jeans the best on my pear-shaped body. 

My teen daughter and her friends all wear high-waisted, wide leg jeans these days. 

@PreKteacher 

We're very similar.  I'm an hourglass.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm slim-ish, with a higher indented waistline, and I like straight leg pants/jeans.

The higher the waist, the better.  Even 'paper bag' styles/types, as long as they aren't too-too full/baggy, etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Shanus Being completely honest here.  Not sure what the difference is between skinnies and straight.  I sorta use the terms interchangeably, but I know that is not technically correct.  Is is just the closeness to the ankle?  Or do straight jeans need to be loose/straight from the top of the thigh to the ankle?

Skinny follows the line of the body closely.  Leg opening is usually 10"   Straight jeans are loose from the top of the  thigh and leg opening is usually 13"   Those in between are slim and cigarette (interchangeable name)  Those following the body till the knee, then fall straight. Leg opening are 11" to 12"

Honored Contributor

I wear all styles except for boot cut.  My favorite is the slim (or cigarette) Some jeans companies call them slim, others cigarette.  Skinny almost always has a 10" opening.  It's the smalles ankle opening.