Honored Contributor

Re: PURCHASED MY FIRST DRESS 👗

@Shanus You're not the only one!  It's been years since I wore a dress or skirt and then only for a wedding.  I'm just not a dress person and hate the way my knees look plus I don't care for longer dresses.

I'm sure you will find other occasions in the future to wear the dress!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   You take such good care of yourself....I'm sure you look stunning whether dress or slacks.  Wear what is comfortable for you and most of all....enjoy the occasion!

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Ladies. Forgot to add the white leg dilemma. Don't like pantyhose and self tanner is a meh!! Pants for me. 😜

Honored Contributor

Polka and dresses just go hand in hand. Sounds darling. I love dresses myself 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I purchased my first dress (except the 2 I HAD to wear to kids' weddings) in 50 years. I found one they call fit & flare...black & white (shocker) tiny polka dots. I was supposed to accompany my DIL to Easter mass. Oh well! 

@Shanus 

you did not really have to go out and buy a dress for easter. you could have just worn a beautiful top and pant. the days of only dresses to church, even on a religious holiday, are long gone. most importantly, feel comfortable AND look good at the same time.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I never wear dresses due to my varicose veins. Found these on Shop HQ and thought I was all set for engagement party, baby shower, and afternoon wedding in April. Oh well, they look nicB0F4E4F1-94DF-4DF7-873F-A2F6DF00055B.jpegin my closet.91E79A91-7E0D-48BB-B728-E2D72CB2412B.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus  I've got a solution for the white leg dilemma - found out about it from Dominique Sachse. It's Jergen's Natural Glow in medium to tan - don't bother with a lighter shade, trust me. 

It really does work, at least for me. It's Not a stain, so there's no orange-y color; just a temporary, nice tan. And, no transfer onto clothing! 👍

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

@Zaimee  You look so pretty in both dresses! Good choices. 👍

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Shanus  I've got a solution for the white leg dilemma - found out about it from Dominique Sachse. It's Jergen's Natural Glow in medium to tan - don't bother with a lighter shade, trust me. 

It really does work, at least for me. It's Not a stain, so there's no orange-y color; just a temporary, nice tan. And, no transfer onto clothing! 👍

@Mimi 1883  Thanks. I've tried it in the lighter shade. It's darker and looks obvious than my whiter arms and whatever else is sticking out. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Fit and flare is my favorite style.  Im sure you dess is lovelySmiley Happy