Honored Contributor

PURCHASED MY FIRST DRESS 👗

I purchased my first dress (except the 2 I HAD to wear to kids' weddings) in 50 years. I found one they call fit & flare...black & white (shocker) tiny polka dots. I was supposed to accompany my DIL to Easter mass. Oh well! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: PURCHASED MY FIRST DRESS 👗

What a beautiful classic you choose!  Enjoy!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Sadly NEVER wear dresses or skirts. I'm happy I didn't spend a lot for it since it will never be worn.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG   Sadly NEVER wear dresses or skirts. I'm happy I didn't spend a lot for it since it will never be worn.

@Shanus Never be worn?  You and your DIL can go to other services, then there's anniverseries, and you can always go out to dinner to "wear the dress"!  See how much you've enjoyed it?!!!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus   👏  Don't worry, you will have many more occasions to wear it And, you'll look stunning!  😍

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG  @Mimi 1883  I know it's strange, but I feel in slacks, I have a longer line...no break between dress hem, legs, shoes. I really do not own any dresses or skirts. My closet has only two feet of space on rod for long hanging and that's for robes. The rest of walk-in is double hung rods...pants, tops and jackets.

Honored Contributor

I must have at least 15 dresses I wear them all Summer long, they are a lot cooler than pants in the Summer 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Sounds like a nice pretty dress! You can always wear it later for other occasions. 

@I am still oxox 

I love dresses too! I agree that they are cooler than pants in hot temperatures. I wear mine all year long. I have about a dozen dresses, mostly wrap style, but I also have a few sheaths and one shift dress. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG  @Mimi 1883  I know it's strange, but I feel in slacks, I have a longer line...no break between dress hem, legs, shoes. I really do not own any dresses or skirts. My closet has only two feet of space on rod for long hanging and that's for robes. The rest of walk-in is double hung rods...pants, tops and jackets.

I totally get what you say about wearing a dress. I don't even own one. I haven't worn a dress or skirt in over 25 years I feel more comfortable in pants plus I feel I look better. I'm just not a dress girl. 

Honored Contributor

The last time I wore a "dress".........actually a business suit, was the day I got married (on my lunch hour) -- 46 years ago.

♥Surface of the Sun♥