Respected Contributor

Every year this comes up. Yes, people actually do go to pumpkin patches, and some even wear something seasonally appropriate, take photos, etc. I never understand why it's such a big deal.

Honored Contributor

Re: PUMPKIN PATCH OUTFITS

[ Edited ]

@alicedee 

Just mix the dry "instant" vailla pudding mix with the large can of pumpkin (not pie filling), and Cool Whip, and add the flavoring (pumpkie pie spice, or just cinnamon).

ETA:  You can fill a graham cracker pie crust and refrigerate to let it set a bit.  I can never wait that long .....

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@alicedee 

Just mix the dry "instant" vailla pudding mix with the large can of pumpkin (not pie filling), and Cool Whip, and add the flavoring (pumpkie pie spice, or just cinnamon).

ETA:  You can fill a graham cracker pie crust and refrigerate to let it set a bit.  I can never wait that long .....

That sounds wonderful....both as a pudding and in the graham cracker crust!   I don't care for regular pumpkin pie....but this will be a great alternative.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

I rarely watch QVC on TV now.  Almost never but I remember the Pumpkin Patch outfits.  Cracked me up because they offer were things that were $$ and dressy and totally wrong for a trip to a pumpkin patch or an apple orchard.  

Honored Contributor

This is mine for this year. Just need a coordinating orange mask.

s-l400.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I once bought a "real" pumpkin.  It was in the late 1970s.  From a supermarket.   Still don't understand the attraction of a "real" pumpkin.

Prefer my pumpkin in pie form or from a can.  

Easy pumpkin pudding ... canned pumpkin, instant vanilla pudding, container of Cool Whip and some Punpkin Pie Spice.

@ALRATIBA   Love pumpkin pie, too. As far as decor, my pumpkin is about 30 yrs. old and has a light bulb in it. No special outfit required, just an outlet.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I rarely watch QVC on TV now.  Almost never but I remember the Pumpkin Patch outfits.  Cracked me up because they offer were things that were $$ and dressy and totally wrong for a trip to a pumpkin patch or an apple orchard.  

-------

Oh they are still doing it @chrystaltree . I watched a video of one of their designers yesterday and a pumpkin patch outfit was mentioned.

Esteemed Contributor

For fashionable couples for pumpkin picking, sure to get attentionWoman Wink

PumpkinFaceONESIE_2000x.png

Honored Contributor

I've already heard this phrase here a few times in the recent past in at least denim & co shows.

Esteemed Contributor

Here's my shirt ... actually, just ordered it when it was a special price ... I don't go pumpkin patching, but thought this was cute for a fall pick me up...