Honored Contributor

@Magny wrote:

Look at Susan Graver quilted jacket, #284170.  I wore this today for the first time & I like it a lot.  It is figure-flattering & definitely a generous true to size.  I am a 10, & the medium is fine.  A couple of the reviews are negative, & one is bizarre, but many are very positive.  Although, if you have a short neck, the inside vest may possibly bother you.  The fabric is very nice & the coat is very well made.  The attached vest is a nice touch, to be left open or closed. I also love the hood!  Colors all look good, but I have black.  

@Magny,

That coat was a TSV not too long ago. It was on PMS last night. I like the black one the best. It's a very nice looking coat. What color did you get?

Honored Contributor

Who cares if a coat makes anyone look heavier - it's not about looks but about keeping warm.  I know several woman who wear coats for fashion and are always freezing because of it.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Magny wrote:

Look at Susan Graver quilted jacket, #284170.  I wore this today for the first time & I like it a lot.  It is figure-flattering & definitely a generous true to size.  I am a 10, & the medium is fine.  A couple of the reviews are negative, & one is bizarre, but many are very positive.  Although, if you have a short neck, the inside vest may possibly bother you.  The fabric is very nice & the coat is very well made.  The attached vest is a nice touch, to be left open or closed. I also love the hood!  Colors all look good, but I have black.  

@Magny,

That coat was a TSV not too long ago. It was on PMS last night. I like the black one the best. It's a very nice looking coat. What color did you get?

Black.  It's very smart looking!

Honored Contributor
Last month purchased Dennis Basso Puffer A271109 Size Large Black. Exceeded my expectations! Coat is Warm! Love attention to detail. Coat is flattering on my body. Best friend loves the coat. The other day went to order her one! Sold out in her size!! Figures!!
Respected Contributor

Re: PUFFER COATS

[ Edited ]

@Magny wrote:

I took a look at your coat and I love it!  It is very flattering and I love the zip insert.  I'm trying not to spend money and I want it now!  LOL

Oh, I like the black best too.

Esteemed Contributor

It's not about looking good, it's about keeping warm.  It gets c-o-l-d here, windy and blowing snow.  A puffer coat is sometimes my best friend. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

It's not about looking good, it's about keeping warm.  It gets c-o-l-d here, windy and blowing snow.  A puffer coat is sometimes my best friend. 

Living in Adirondack mountains, Lake Placid NY. Two weeks ago wore DB puffer coat in our first winter storm! Walked outside to mailbox blowing winds, Point was test coat! Toasty warm! Even as walked back to the house, Thought! Coat is flattering and warm!! Woohoo!!💁
Honored Contributor

It always makes me laugh when I see posts about a winter coat making someone look heavy.  No winter coat is going to be slimming.  Faux furs aren't slimming, puffer coats aren't slimming, heck even wool coats aren't slimming. They are what they are a winter coat to keep you warm.

Some are going to be worse than others but I buy a winter coat for warmth.  The only time I'm really super bundled up is if I'm outside in the elements walking my dog or doing some type of work outside like shoveling and I can guarantee you the last thing I'm worried about in those instances is looking slim.

Otherwise, I'm not in a winter coat that long that I need a hugely heavy winter coat.  I don't walk to work or wait for a bus so I don't have a need.    

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Can anyone really look great in a puffer coat? I haven't found a warm ski type jacket that doesn't add 20 lbs. to how I look. Suggestions?

Shanus, have you tried a coat with Thinsulate? I find them very warm and not bulky. You won't notice any puffiness wearing Thinsulate.

Contributor

Bernardo brand at Nordstrom.