Honored Contributor

PRINTED LININGS ON COATS & JACKETS?

Printed linings have always been a pet peeve of mine.   I think the linings of coats & jackets should be the exact same color as the garment, and NOT cotton, which "drags" if you have sleeves on your top.  It should have a polyester or satiny lining so getting in and out is a breeze.  JMO, of course.  

BTW, I won't buy a handbag that has a printed lining either .... it just looks too "messy" and items can be hard to spot quickly.   Again, JMO.

The only exception in my closet is a Dennis Basso faux fur coat with a print lining ..... if I hadn't loved the coat so much, I would have returned it because of the busy print.

I was recently out to dinner in a nice restaurant and saw a woman being seated at a nearby table.  She was removing her blazer and it had a very busy printed lining .... and she was wearing a leopard print top!    It was a visual mess!  

Maybe I'm too fussy with this, but I wonder if anyone else feels the same .....  do you prefer solid or print linings .... or maybe I should ask if print linings bother you enough to affect your purchase decision.  

Ladies? 

Honored Contributor

Re: PRINTED LININGS ON COATS & JACKETS?

I prefer a solid, no-printed lining also, but in some cases if the lining is not loud or obnoxious I can still enjoy the jacket.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

I don't really think about it. If I like the jacket I don't care if the lining is solid or print. Sometimes the printed lining can be prettier than the jacket!

Honored Contributor

I usually like printed linings if the print is in the family of colors I typically wear.  If it's a polar opposite, then I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

I'll have to say that I've never really ever noticed the linings of a coat or a purse. Would it influence my purchase? Absolutely not! If I nitpicked about every little thing, I don't thing I'd have anything in my closet. Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

i prefer silky type printed linings in coats/jackets.

it, however, is not a dealbreaker for me if i happen to LOVE the coat/jacket and it doesnt have that feature.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think a printed lining can make a statement.  It's nice to get a glimpse when a coat falls open.  Makes it unique.

Honored Contributor

If an item I like has a printed lining, it wouldn't stop me from purchasing it. I would be aware of the rest of the items that I would choose to complete my look.  I don't wear competing items especially if it's something like a jacket which I might remove. With a coat, a printed lining is fine because most of the time I don't consider it to be a part of my outfit.

As far as a printed lining in a handbag, for me it's preferable to the black hole so no problems with that.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I absolutely do care about linings.  If a jacket or coat lining is cotton it's hard to get on because it doesn't glide.  Then while you're wearing it, the cotton would continue to grab onto other areas of your clothes creating wrinkles and lumps on the outside of the coat.

I'll buy a coat with a "signature" or initial print like Dennis does, but I wear too much print to have a print in my coats.

@Tinkrbl44 I, too, would never find a thing in print handbags.  Total deal breaker!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I love printed, satiny linings on coats.  The more unique the print, the better!