Regular Contributor

Re: PREVIEW IS UP! Nordstrom 2020 Anniversary Sale: New Schedule August 19–30 + No catalog

I saw a few things I liked. What I don't like is the tiered method of shopping for cardholders. It used to be open to all cardholders at the same time (really elite could call ahead to their shopper and get things put aside) but the everyman with an account got access on the same day. 

Honored Contributor

Re: PREVIEW IS UP! Nordstrom 2020 Anniversary Sale: New Schedule August 19–30 + No catalog

Sad! The yearly sale was a ritual for my good friend and myself because it covered both of our birthdays, a week apart, and we would do lunch and go to Nordstrom's two weeks in a row! LOL

I will definitely be shopping it online but it just won't be the same. We can't even get together for our birthdays this year! We're waiting till things get a little more under control

Honored Contributor

Re: Nordstrom 2020 Anniversary Sale: New Schedule August 19–30 + No catalog

The preview is not that impressive.  I hope more merchandise is added. Cat Surprised

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I don't need a new wardrobe. ..just adding some new pieces and replacement jeans.

Having fun filling up my cart Woman Very Happy

Some posters are STUCK...incessantly negative + crabby Woman Tongue

@Pecky  - did you see the JCrew camo pieces?

J.CREW Camo Ringer T-Shirt, Main, color, WOODLAND CAMO GREEN

J.CREW Camo Ringer T-Shirt, Main, color, WOODLAND CAMO GREEN

A color-pop contrast collar and camo print bring modern attitude to a ringer T-shirt crafted from soft cotton.

• 25 1/2" length (size Medium)
  • Crewneck
  • Short sleeves
  • 100% cotton
  • Machine wash, tumble dry
  • Imported
  • Item #6039059

Camo Print Merino Wool Sweater

J.CREW Camo Print Merino Wool Sweater, Main, color, VINTAGE SURPLUSJ.CREW Camo Print Merino Wool Sweater, Main, color, VINTAGE SURPLUS

You won't blend in with the crowd wearing this cool camo sweater made from pure merino wool with a versatile, gently relaxed fit.

• 25 1/2" length (size Medium)
  • Crewneck
  • Long sleeves
  • 100% merino wool
  • Machine wash, tumble dry
  • Imported
  • Item #6039051

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

This looks scrumptious Heart the color is Rosecloud Heather. Several other colors including a beautiful Burgundy. $99

It's cashmere,  dry cleaning required

HALOGEN Easy Throw-On Cashmere Ruana

The ideal option for a quick warmer-upper, this cashmere ruana is instantly cozy whenever you need it, and front patch pockets make it extra handy.

• 27" length (One Size)
  • Open front
  • Front patch pockets
  • 100% cashmere
  • Dry clean
  • Imported
  • Item #6018103

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Cozy and great colors Heart yellow (Sulfer) for me, pink (Rock Rose) and  Taupe ( Goat) for gifts. $50

UGG Cozette Genuine Shearling Slipper

DETAILS & CARE

Plush genuine shearling and UGGpure wool bring unparalleled comfort to a slide slipper set on a low platform with a grippy rubber tread.

Toe style:  open toe

• 1" platform
  • Slight dye transfer may occur with darker colors during first few wears
  • Genuine shearling upper/UGGpure wool lining/rubber sole
  • Shearling may be sourced from Australia, Ireland, the UK or the USA. See packaging for confirmed country of origin
  • UGGpure is a textile made entirely from wool to feel and wear like genuine shearling
  • Imported
  • Women's Shoes
  • Item #5665467

Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl-- Saw the ruana and liked it, too. Never worn one myself and wondered whether or not you have. I'd like to know if they stay in place or if they need adjustments all the time to stay around you. My understanding is that there are no armholes. Appreciate any advice you can pass along!
Honored Contributor

@dsw503 wrote:
@Chi-town girl-- Saw the ruana and liked it, too. Never worn one myself and wondered whether or not you have. I'd like to know if they stay in place or if they need adjustments all the time to stay around you. My understanding is that there are no armholes. Appreciate any advice you can pass along!

@dsw503  - yes, I have several ruana style toppers, in different knits, density etc. Love them.

Although she calls it a kimono,  the Nordy Halogen ruana is very similar style to MarlaWynne Drama Kimono- one of my fav toppers. I like the addition of the pockets (most ruanas do not have pockets) They aren't fussy to wear, easy on/off and they add pizazz to any outfit. But I also think the Halogen one would be cozy for a hanging at home wrap 

Gifted several of the Martha Stewart Q ruanas a couple years ago. Thinking about the Halogen Cashmere ruana for myself and for a gift. I know that cashmere is offered in different quality options/price ranges - $100 is a good price for a cashmere ruana.

With free ship and returns, if you're interested @dsw503 , why not order it? Hoping there will be some of my wishlist items available when I get access. The top tier cardholders get to start shopping on Aug 4

Contributor

Already placed in my wish list easy 

Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl--Thanks much for the info! I have looked and looked at the Martha Stewart ruana and wondered the exact same thing. Will it stay in place? I'm glad to know you liked it! Yes, I think I will try out the cashmere ruana. It's a great price and with free shipping/returns, there's no reason not to try it out. i have 2 cashmere sweaters from Nordstrom that I've worn every winter for at least the last 15 years and they're still going strong. Very much appreciate your advice!