Valued Contributor

Honestly I can't believe that a posture bra will keep you from leaning forward

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115  I agree....strrong core, strong back, good posture, good health - ability to stand upright.

Respected Contributor

Re: POSTURE BRA?

[ Edited ]

Better posture can be achieved by stretching out the front of the chest and strengthening the upper back.  A posture bra isn't the way to go.  Check out Posture Makeover on youtube.  

Maybe a posture bra could help as a reminder to improve posture, but stretching and strengthening is the key.

Honored Contributor

Most women do not wear well fitting bras and that can definitely cause poor posture as well as neck and shoulder pain so there is some believability.  It seems like just getting a proper fit and adjusting the straps to hold you up is all you need to do.

Honored Contributor

I think it could be helpful.  Would like contour cups, and I'm not sure if the one they were showing had them.  Saw the very end of the presentation.  Looked as though they were soft cups.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I was going to PT for balance and posture issues ...

I have this "harness" thing that my physical therapist recommended -  holds my shoulders so I don't "hunch" while sitting - primarily at the computer or desk.

I don't know about wearing a "posture bra" all day.  I only wear the harness for short periods of time.