Honored Contributor

Re: POSH PRESENTS.....OH HOW I REALLY MISS LISA AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Venezia.....where did I ever state that I DESPISE Jane?  NEVER used that word or NEVER will about any host or anyone.  So don't go posting something that isn't true.  I admit that I've said that she never misses an opportunity to talk about her family, what they have done and where they go.  I tune in to hear the host talk about the product and when the host talks so much about her family and then doesn't have enough time to describe the item, I find that very inappropriate.  I've also commented on how much she talks over the vendors.  The things I have stated is the truth and never said I hated her or never said anything derogatory about her looks or how she dresses.  So before you state anything about my posts, you should think before you post anything.

FYI, I DID NOT KNOW Jane would be hosting, so I did not tune in to WATCH Jane.  I was looking forward to seeing this show but after the very start with the 'all about me and my family' thing. I put her on mute and then changed the channel after several minutes and very much enjoyed Michael Buble's Christmas in Hollywood show.  

Oh and BTW, it's interesting and a little disturbing to me that you follow all my posts.  

LOL - believe me, I don't follow all your posts.  I've just seen enough of your posts about Jane to know what you think of her and I'm surprised you continue to post about it.  That's all.  (Glad you found something to watch that you enjoyed.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StylishLady wrote:

I'm kind of surprised this thread hasn't been expunged. I watched some last night. Thought Jane looked very glamourous. The new hairdo was quite nice. At least the whole presentation was something different from the usual shows. 

So am I.  Some of the comments here about the hosts in question (Jane vs. Lisa) are just downright caustic, but for some reason the moderators think they're all right?  I'm generally glad the moderators are around now, but leaving this thread intact makes no sense at all to me, when others have been deleted fairly quickly.

Honored Contributor

@d_to_the_third wrote:

I agree, JB, and I also remember Steve Bryants' infamous on-air melt down very well. That was a trip the viewer shouldn't have been invited on. I was actually embarrassed for him and quite frankly I'm surprised he has ever appeared on-air in any capacity in any situation for any company since then.

Wish I'd been around then!  Is it on YouTube???

Valued Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

I'm kind of surprised this thread hasn't been expunged. I watched some last night. Thought Jane looked very glamourous. The new hairdo was quite nice. At least the whole presentation was something different from the usual shows. 

Much better than the helmut hair "do" she usually has.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

..well, they are still selling the stuff and if LR was doing the show, she'd be selling the same merchandise that Jane was selling.  Some of you apparently didn't get the memo....lol  QVC isn't an entertainment show and while LR was good at her job, she was show host.  No different than any other shopping channel host.  She sold what her employer told her to sell.  Granted, we all have our favorite hosts and I was LR fan too but she's gone.  She's toast, she's history. She isn't coming back and this silly "LR did everything better than everyone else in the whole wide world" stuff sounds....so.....high school...;lol 

@chrystaltree Thank you. Thank you.

New Contributor

I'm with you sister no one has the class and style of Lisa when it came to presentation,of any product.none of the shows she did are the same anymore.

Respected Contributor

i have not read every post here, but i wanted to say that i miss lisa on every show that she did.  it's just not the same.  am style, posh presents, etc.  there was not anyone like her. no one in sight to replace her either even though there are some very nice hosts.

Trusted Contributor

Posh presents is a once a year show and I always look forward to it because at times they had nice things. But this year the host with all her family reunions and just every day things I had to turn the channel. It was so disappointing with all the chattering in the background and  nothing great and different to buy. It was not Posh!  Same old same old.

Honored Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

it just amazes me that the posters who dislike Lisa so much, FOLLOW HER on Facebook and know everything about what she does and then come to these boards and make nasty comments about her to me and others who enjoyed Lisa as a host?   Why would anyone be so curious about a person that they dislike so much?  

Also if you see Lisa's name in the topic, why even bother to open the thread and spew your venom?  If you can't stand her as a certain poster stated, then don't follow her and move on.  There are many many threads that I'm sure you would like and enjoy participating in without being nasty.

I'd add how very interesting it is that those of us who so much as mention we enjoyed and miss Lisa need to 'move on' and 'get a life', but those who, for whatever reasons... can't abide her seem to be the very ones unable to move on from their disdain, seeking out every possible thread to continue their ongoing critique... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I dislike the faux-party shows.

I don't miss Lisa.

I wish there were a "Bickering Board" where posters could go to argue with each other.  Too many times I open a thread only to have it turn into a "you're dumb" "no, you're dumb" thread.