Trusted Contributor

Re: POSH PRESENTS.....OH HOW I REALLY MISS LISA AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Well, Ven, you speak the truth! I honestly do not understand the vitriol some posters feel toward toward JT. Honestly, people, is there anything wrong with someone who "s*ux* the marrow out of the bones of life", who sells a hefty amount of product, to boot? Any host scheduled in prime time as frequently as this host is must be a stellar seller, IMO. She could probably sell raincoats and umbrellas in the Sahara, all without the angst and sad sob stories of the inarticulate, inane, smarmy salespeople that sometimes appear, and those who try to "guilt" people into a purchase by preying upon their emotions. 

JTs enthusiasm for life is contagious and heartwarming. I have been a viewer since 1986 and do remember when JT left the Q for a bit how horrible the show was. The viewers phoning in and even the hosts kept commenting on the loss. I was thrilled when she came back to the roost a short time later.

LR devotees really need to get a life. I do not miss the "Pretentious Presents" presentation at all. LR worked extremely hard for many years, was quite successful and now seems to be loving retirement.

I wish both JT and LR well.

<<<stepping off soapbox>>>

Trusted Contributor

I agree, JB, and I also remember Steve Bryants' infamous on-air melt down very well. That was a trip the viewer shouldn't have been invited on. I was actually embarrassed for him and quite frankly I'm surprised he has ever appeared on-air in any capacity in any situation for any company since then.

Valued Contributor

@d_to_the_third wrote:

I agree, JB, and I also remember Steve Bryants' infamous on-air melt down very well. That was a trip the viewer shouldn't have been invited on. I was actually embarrassed for him and quite frankly I'm surprised he has ever appeared on-air in any capacity in any situation for any company since then.

Who is Steve Bryants?

Esteemed Contributor

I watched for about l/2 hour and saw it wasn't abut Posh Presents. The Q should have called it something else, like Jane & Family @ the Q.

Trusted Contributor

it just amazes me that the posters who dislike Lisa so much, FOLLOW HER on Facebook and know everything about what she does and then come to these boards and make nasty comments about her to me and others who enjoyed Lisa as a host?   Why would anyone be so curious about a person that they dislike so much?  

Also if you see Lisa's name in the topic, why even bother to open the thread and spew your venom?  If you can't stand her as a certain poster stated, then don't follow her and move on.  There are many many threads that I'm sure you would like and enjoy participating in without being nasty.

Trusted Contributor

Star bright, what are you even talking about ...being a tribe member?  And sorry but  I can't even understand half of what you post.  And yes Lisa was just a host but you really know more about what she's doing than I do.  Thanks for all the info about Lisa.

Honored Contributor

..well, they are still selling the stuff and if LR was doing the show, she'd be selling the same merchandise that Jane was selling.  Some of you apparently didn't get the memo....lol  QVC isn't an entertainment show and while LR was good at her job, she was show host.  No different than any other shopping channel host.  She sold what her employer told her to sell.  Granted, we all have our favorite hosts and I was LR fan too but she's gone.  She's toast, she's history. She isn't coming back and this silly "LR did everything better than everyone else in the whole wide world" stuff sounds....so.....high school...;lol 

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

Whatever show Jane hosts should be titled "it's the all about me" show......always too much about her and her family.........after awhile it gets to be too much......

That's her MO - a total YAWN.

Exactly right.....that's Jane's presentation style.  All hosts have their 'go to" phrases and stores.  Even the exalted LR....lol   Why in the world would anyone expect that after 20 plus years Jane Treacy would wake up and suddenly be someone else....lol  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I too remember when Jane left ... but never heard one word of "missing" her from ANYONE !!   She left with ridiculous fanfare once again produced by who else, Jane including a parting introduction of who else, Jane's entire family?!   She left for business reasons which included her husband. If she would try being herself and act age appropriate it might help but she puts so much effort into being cool and hip, she seems fake.   It's a shopping channel Jane ... i tune in to see merchandise and not because I need an update on your life !!  Question ...  Will I be deleted ??

Regular Contributor

That was one of the dumbest shows I ever saw. I thought it was her last show or something. I really don't get QVC anymore. I watched only a minute just to see what was   Going on. I can't imagine family members even wanting to do that.