Super Contributor

Re: POSH PRESENTS.....OH HOW I REALLY MISS LISA AT THIS TIME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!

I think Lisa was very overrated and repeated the same words over and over, robotic like.  Don't understand the obsession with her at all.  she was in need of a makeover, only woman I've seen since the 80s that lined their lips like that,  The fake hair, posing and watching herself in the monitor was just too much.

Respected Contributor

Why belabor this issue, just don't watch...

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Star bright wrote:

If you all miss L. Robertson so much go to her Facebook she is on all the time she cooks, she decorates she goes to lunches,suppers with her friends travels she has a tribe that follows her every move she is more on there then she was on the Q. She even has her own talk show.  I think it was nice to have another host do this supposed Posh show. So Jane had her family on so what if I recall Lisa had her sisters on so what is the big deal.Just get over it she is gone for ever. She is still in trying to be the most popular x host .Now I don't wa nt all kind remarks made that I am jealous. But read some of the remarks that have been made here you think she was someone of great importance. All she was a Host that is it.

All right... now calm down... We get it, you didn't like Lisa...

Never mind that you seem to know every move she makes on FB...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@cah wrote:

I really do believe that QVC should end all shows that Lisa did and find new ones for the people they replaced her with.
Lisa was so  good at her job and it's hard to watch anyone try to do that job the same way. It's not fair to the customers

OR the hosts.
Last night's posh show was a disaster to me.
I miss the old shows where the goal was to sell products and not the host.

I agree, and it would also help if QVC had a better variety of on-air merchandise to sell.

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

There was nothing 'posh' here.  The items for sale were same old, same old.  

While the host and her family may be very nice people, they are not 'posh.'

The whole thing seemed chaotic and mis-named.  

Posh would have been Alberti selling unusual, higher end gift items with less people milling about, a small music combo playing quietly in the background, and calmly selling something unique.

People bumping into each other, talking loudly and incessantly, pictures of family pets, 

and curling irons for sale do not spell 'posh.'

This...

Trusted Contributor

I thought Jane looked great.

I tuned out as soon as she announced the Calista hair tool was coming on shortly.  The Calista products are now featured in every, since show - it seems to me.  Overexposure and I'm really sick of seeing it and the accompanying products.  A few years ago it was Dr Rob with the Clairisonic - now it's the Calista hair tool.

Valued Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

Jane's okay with me.

Some women need to get over their fantasies about Lisa.

DITTO! I think they believe that Lisa was their friend.

Valued Contributor

I miss Lisa.  Whether she was selling me a LOGO top on PM Style, her leather skirt on The Lisa Robertson Show, her beaded fruit on her Christmas shows or a fabulous piece of jewelry on Posh Presents, I knew she had put herself (and a fair amount of effort) into making her presentations.   I felt she respected me and my time as a viewer and consumer.  We may differ on whether her items represented our personal style, but I think Posh Presents will always be her show.   The production was tailor made for Lisa.  She did it well.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I firmly believe we tend to remember things and people in retrospect with a huge veil of sunshine & roses.  I would bet money that Lisa's Posh Presents shows of the past were met with just as much disdain and negative comments at the time.  I do recall some that bashed everything from Lisa's Posh show items, her clothes, the party atmoshpere, etc.  Lisa didn't make those items she presented, neither did Jane this year.  These hosts are TV sales people having to use what QVC has in inventory, and that's the very sad statement about QVC's Posh Shows.  Lisa was very good at her job, but I do not miss her.  She too would have been selling the Perfector last night.  I just wish QVC would overhaul their offerings; then the host can bring in their UPS driver and 5th grade Math teacher for all I care.

Respected Contributor

I don't miss LR - but they really could have picked someone else to host the posh program.  WAY TOO MUCH OF HER FAMILY!  Really?  Who cares about her family!  We're not tuning in to see your sister, kids, husband, sister's husband, brother, and brother's girlfriend!