Honored Contributor

POCKET ON SIDE STITCH BLOUSE

I'm really wanting the white Side Stitch Big Deal shirt, but the one pocket on the chest is turning me off. It looks like it's "floppy" and hangs open on the hosts and models. 

I like the idea of being able to roll/button the sleeves. Obviously, others are put off by the price or the pocket,too. The shirt's been shown many times and still available in most colors and sizes.

What do you think?

Respected Contributor

Re: POCKET ON SIDE STITCH BLOUSE

I would try the blouse to see how it fits you. I purchased another side stitch blouse and I really like it. The material is wonderful and the blouse is one of the most upscale looking blouses I ever purchased on QVC.

Contributor

I thought the same.  The pocket was a problem for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not like the look of the pocket and from  the way they described the shirt, I figured the pocket would be floppy . I do not like the look of the shirt . I've had better looking bluejean shirts in the past . 2ndly way to pricy for a shirt that I would only wear to clean my home.

Honored Contributor

i am interested in the white also. i have been wanting to try this line because i have read some good things about it. does anyone know if this material has any stretch and i am also concerned about the size of the upper arms.....are they tight or average or generously sized? i have upper arm issues.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I would try the blouse to see how it fits you. I purchased another side stitch blouse and I really like it. The material is wonderful and the blouse is one of the most upscale looking blouses I ever purchased on QVC.

@Janey2   I've purchased a few others over the years. The pocket on this one just looks "off"...maybe if there were 2 pockets?

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am interested in the white also. i have been wanting to try this line because i have read some good things about it. does anyone know if this material has any stretch and i am also concerned about the size of the upper arms.....are they tight or average or generously sized? i have upper arm issues.

@sunshine45   The ones I've purchased do not have any stretch...spandex or stretchy fabric added...they're rather flowing and soft. I can't speak to the upper arm issues. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45   The ones I've purchased do not have any stretch...spandex or stretchy fabric added...they're rather flowing and soft. I can't speak to the upper arm issues. 

@sunshine45  ITA with @Shanus there is not any stretch to them as it just flows.  I can't advise about the tight arms as I don't have that issue.  

Trusted Contributor

If you like the blouse you could always stitch the pocket shut so it would not be floppy.  A few hand stitches from the back side of the blouse could be hidden in the top hem of the pocket very easily.