Honored Contributor

Re: PM Style Request

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Without calling out any hosts, I like the idea of rotation. It would bring a fresh perspective to the same products, and I would think the hosts would welcome the change.🌺

@QVCkitty1  I don't think the longtime hosts with a lot of seniority would like working evenings.  I think they have the hours they do because they want them.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I agree.  I want QVC to bring back Monday Night PM Style that was three hours of various brands. It used to be Lisa R's show, but QVC should remake the program with a different host each Monday night. 

Also, QVC need is to limit the presentation of items to 3 minutes so that more items can be presented. They used to do this and it was fun. Now they only present a few items in a whole hour. It makes the shows so long and boring that I end up switching channels then going back and the host is stilll showing the same item! Boring QVC change things up!

Respected Contributor

I like it the way it is.  It's one of the few times I watch QVC for entertainment.  It's a little bit of a train wreck and I like it that way.

Monday night is my tv night.  At 9:00 after my kid is in bed, I pour myself a glass of wine and settle in to watch Isaac and then PM Style.  If Cameron is making an appearance, I might have a second glass of Merlot.  If he isn't, I might have a second glass any way.

I think QVC is targeting a younger demographic with the Monday night show.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Without calling out any hosts, I like the idea of rotation. It would bring a fresh perspective to the same products, and I would think the hosts would welcome the change.🌺

@QVCkitty1  I don't think the longtime hosts with a lot of seniority would like working evenings.  I think they have the hours they do because they want them.

Well .I think most people know in the workplace , you can't always get what you want.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

I wish QVC would rotate hosts on PM Style.  I like the calmness, class and style of hosts like Kerstin and it would be a refreshing change.

I have been saying for some time that I wish they'd rotate hosts.  However, I do not care for Kerstin at all.  LOL, wish they'd have someone different on there Saturday mornings!

Honored Contributor

Re: PM Style Request

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Well .I think most people know in the workplace , you can't always get what you want.

I think in many jobs though, seniority is taken into consideration when it comes to a lot of job perks, including hours.  It seems like for the most part, on both HSN and QVC, new hosts are relegated to overnight hours.  These hosts are all under contract and I would bet the senior hosts negotiate in their contract the better hours. 

It does seem like some hosts are fast tracked to better time slots but I don't know if that's because they are more popular, sell more items or if the hosts we think are stuck, like Garbrielle, want the hours they are working. 

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@Calcgirl wrote:

I wish QVC would rotate hosts on PM Style.  I like the calmness, class and style of hosts like Kerstin and it would be a refreshing change.

@Calcgirl .... you have to be kidding about the calmness, class & style of Kerstin!!! .... she is far from any of these things .... she talks so fast that she is hard to understand at times ....always checking herself out & posing for the camera!!!

Watching her is a lesson in how to love and adore yourself in self-adulation. Fascinating....

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

I think it's all in how they negotiate their contracts. That goes for vendors too.

With seniority may come some concessions...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

I think it's all in how they negotiate their contracts. That goes for vendors too.

With seniority may come some concessions...

I don't think a newbie host is going to have the negotiating power to say they aren't going to work overnight/early morning hours.

I think they all pay their dues by getting off hours when they first start.  

Honored Contributor

I like this idea, but unfortunately it's easier said than done. The hosts who have their own shows have big contracts, and big egos to go along with them, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~