Valued Contributor
I kept the d&co jacket and the shrug. I just can't afford too many return fees....
Honored Contributor
On 9/2/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 9/1/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 9/1/2014 tough_kitty said: Well, I cancelled the skirts.... some other posters are right.... it is plastic and I would sweat my butt off in this thing, especially in California.....
Yes, leather can be "hot"to wear. I have many items-jackets, pants, leggings, skirts, tops and love wearing it. The comfort factor is why it's so popular to wear a mixed media leather design with ponte or other types of knit. I would never wear 75% or more of the apparel QVC sells. The naysayers/haters of GILI & Lisa have vastly different style that I find very unattractive. That includes retailers like JJill-how ugly and ordinary can it get? You know what I mean...so why would I or anyone take anything they say with any credibility. It has no bearing or impact on me with the exception of a good belly laugh. Like little trolls lurking and waiting for Lisa's appearances. Hating on her yet watching/stalking her every move. LOL LOL LOL
Lol. Yeah.... I don't get some of those hateful comments either..... but some actually mentioned the skirt being narrow and I think it won't look good in size 10 or larger....maybe after I lose another 20 lbs or more Smiley Wink in the meantime, I should stick with the A-line skirts.....
It's a classic pencil style. I think it looked good on all the models including the one that was modeling it in PMS in the bordeaux color & she was definitely larger than size 10. But, what's most important is to wear what you feel is most flattering & comfortable to you. That way you can project ease & confidence. I refuse to wear anything frumpy, ugly, poor fit, or trendy for only the sake of a trend. I think Basso has an A-lined leather skirt that didn't look too short. Most of the flared & A-lined leather skirts look like something Beyonce would wear during a performance ;-)

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor
That's just it.... I didn't really like the way the skirt looked on that model.... I could see her belly sticking out.... I'm sorry to say this, but it's true! Anyway, I cancelled all of my items and ordered the Irish sweater instead. Lol. I just wish I could afford it all!!!
Valued Contributor
Oh, and I'm not sure how I feel about A-line leather skirts.... I will have to check them out....later..... I really gotta stop shopping!!! Smiley Happy EDIT: Found it. It's pretty. But not for $80....
Super Contributor

Never watch shows that LR is hosting or involved in. Besides, QVC is not exactly my "design house" when it comes to fashion.

Valued Contributor
Chi---cago?? Girl.....you get me in trouble Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor
On 9/2/2014 tough_kitty said: Chi---cago?? Girl.....you get me in trouble Smiley Wink
Oh no, what happened!?! I was trying to stay up for the Rose of Tralee shows, but dosed off. DVR'd the 1st show and am watching it now. The sweaters are soooo beautiful...I really like the sweater coat-double breasted style and the one button long cardi, but wow-they are all lovely, huh? Which one did you buy? And don't worry about changing your mind. Buy what you want/enjoy and what you think will flatter you. The new GILI hobo bag, military coat, etc is coming up plus you will be able to buy a leather skirt later - don't feel pressured. I only bought the black skirt now since it's a basic that will get lots of use, and plan to find some other colors at reduced or clearance price later. That Basso skirt is chic, the A-line is nice, not too flared. I have some sweaters in my cart, but will give it more thought before I hit submit. I want that GILI military coat, so I think im going to pass on the sweaters. Cheers!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor
The thing is, it is plastic not leather. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but know that you are getting "vinyl" as someone else put it. I do like the skirt with the flared plastic bottom, but I am afraid that you need to be 6 feet tall to pull it off. But it is very pretty.
On 9/1/2014 Chi-town girl said:
On 9/1/2014 tough_kitty said: Well, I cancelled the skirts.... some other posters are right.... it is plastic and I would sweat my butt off in this thing, especially in California.....
Yes, leather can be "hot"to wear. I have many items-jackets, pants, leggings, skirts, tops and love wearing it. The comfort factor is why it's so popular to wear a mixed media leather design with ponte or other types of knit. I would never wear 75% or more of the apparel QVC sells. The naysayers/haters of GILI & Lisa have vastly different style that I find very unattractive. That includes retailers like JJill-how ugly and ordinary can it get? You know what I mean...so why would I or anyone take anything they say with any credibility. It has no bearing or impact on me with the exception of a good belly laugh. Like little trolls lurking and waiting for Lisa's appearances. Hating on her yet watching/stalking her every move. LOL LOL LOL
Honored Contributor
On 9/2/2014 tough_kitty said: Chi---cago?? Girl.....you get me in trouble Smiley Wink
TK-Have to LOL at the supposed "good deeds" of trolls who want to influence your/my wallet. A 15 post count troll stopping by from "Vogue" to advise us...LOL. Bless their tiny hearts---if they had their own financial resources, they would be shopping instead of trying to hurt QVC sales. Ah, the Irish sweaters, and easy pay-too tempting!!! Tell me what you decided to buy.

Respected Contributor
On 9/2/2014 Qlady100 said:

Never watch shows that LR is hosting or involved in. Besides, QVC is not exactly my "design house" when it comes to fashion.

then why would you even bother reading this thread