Honored Contributor

Re: PLEATS: Jungle of Delight...

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG

Bingo! LOL by George I think you've got it!

I'm still not a fan but that's second one you posted was quite exceptional

@Andreatoo,Whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Image result for excited woman

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Garden of Delight Printed Long-Sleeve Gown, Multi

@ECBG

I love art, but it looks like a panel of Incredible Hulk heads in the crotch. Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono,LOL!!!  I think they could have styled it with a better shoe choice too!

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Were pleats prominent on the runways? I've been seeing a lot lately and the last Slinky appearance she had a few pieces. Wide leg pants, skirt, tank, and a jacket. Very feminine very ethereal. I think they are called accordion pleats?

@Andreatoo

I don't know if pleats were on the runway, but I've seen quite a few lately, too.  I agree they are feminine and can be ethereal (knife pleat in a chiffon-like fabric).  @ECBG would probably know more about the different pleat styles, but this came up in a search for accordian pleat...

Image result for accordion pleated skirts

Box pleat (more substantial than ethereal)...

Image result for box pleated skirts

Knife pleat (I'm guessing the diff between this and box is width of pleat)...

Image result for Knife Pleated Skirt

The drop waist pleat always looked the best on me...

Image result for Drop Waist Pleated Skirt

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG

Yes, this one!  Did you see the video?  Oh my goodness, I want to put this on and just twirl in front of the mirror!!  LOL!  You see what I mean about how the pleat comes to a point?  I rarely, if ever, see this kind of pleat...does it have a name?  In the vid, it looks a little like the pleats (printed part) are actually separate strips...like the "car wash" look.  Granted, the print itself is not my fav, especially on the top, but I still think this is exceptionally beautiful pleating.  ***SIGH***

Main Image - Valentino Jungle of Delight Print Silk Dress

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

Thanks for the pictures! I don't see much difference between accordion and knife but suffice it to say the slinky pieces were one of the two in a chiffon like fabric. If you like that you should check it out. they were very cute

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF@Andreatoo,

Here are the type of pleats.  McDuff, your dream dress had inverted pleats.

Image result for different types of skirt pleats

@Andreatoo, There are your knife pleats.  Have you ever seen a pleated window shade?  It's the same look from the front. They go in one direction.  If you fold paper into an accordian, you have it!

Image result for difference between a knife pleat and an accordion pleat

Image result for difference between a knife pleat and an accordion pleat

Occasional Contributor

Nail color. Amy with Clark's Shoes

I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post my question/request. Does anyone know what nail color the rep with Clark's wears? It is a red color. I've left a message on Amy's Facebook page, but no response. So I thought I would ask on this blog in case someone knows.

Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Nail color. Amy with Clark's Shoes

@laramie1117 wrote:

I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post my question/request. Does anyone know what nail color the rep with Clark's wears? It is a red color. I've left a message on Amy's Facebook page, but no response. So I thought I would ask on this blog in case someone knows.

Thank you. 

@laramie1117

It doesn't look like she responds to anything on FB.

You could try reaching out on the QVC Style page.  They might be able to get an answer for you.

https://www.facebook.com/QVCStyle/

You could also start a new thread in BEAUTY and see if any of the nail devotees recognize the shade.

HTH

Honored Contributor

Re: Nail color. Amy with Clark's Shoes

Pretty dresses.  The tutorial on pleats flashed me back to Catholic grade school and highschool, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise