Valued Contributor

Re: PLEASE SUSAN GRAVER AND OTHER DESIGNERS ,SHORTER TOPS IN SIZE LARGE

I've noticed that the pants are getting longer as well. I'm not a petite, I'm 5'7", but I can't wear 32" length without either hemming them or do like the kids do and walk on the hems until they are just rags trailing behind me. What happened to regular sizes? 

Respected Contributor

Yes tunics are popular and necessary for some looks, but so are tops.  What I don't like is when they call a tunic a top.  If it's longer than 26 in a regular medium it is a tunic, not a top.  Top length for a medium should be 25-26; anything over 27 is a tunic length except at QVC.  They still call it a top.

There is a place for 29-31 inch or longer tunics, but also for 26-27 inch tops.  I just don't like being disappointed when I see a top on line at QVC  that I really like, then check the measurements and find it is not a top;  it is really tunic length.

The measurements I used are what I see in my many catalogs

Respected Contributor

wrote:

And obviously this is your look but certainly not everyone's @vermint

I agree @PINKdogWOOD ...and that was my point. Looking "ladylike" and "pulled together" is in the eye of the beholder/wearer and certainly not dictated by whether one tucks in one's shirt or not.

If I misunderstood your post, I apologize. It just seemed to me that you thought tucking your shirt in was necessary to look like a lady. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

wrote:

@vermint i totally agree. Just look around you when you are in public places. The % of people you will see wearing a tucked in shirt is very small. That is not at all what the vast majority of ladies wear now a days. As a matter of fact - it looks dated to me.

Yeah, the tucking in of shirts is not a popular look anymore, at least not for everyday.  Most women are just wearing shorter length tops. The only time I've worn a tucked in shirt is when I wore a private school uniform and you weren't allowed to have the shirt hanging out. Most women who are self-conscious about their stomachs won't do it. You can still look put together without a tucked in shirt.