Trusted Contributor

Re: PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS

@jonbon wrote:

From my point of view, D&Co has the same style aesthetic that it has always had -- I'm not sure I would have described it the way you did ("stylish, on-trend, with a choice of sophisticated patterns and solids to suit anyone’s taste"), but I think many would say that is still the case since there is such a wide variety available. Gary (who is trained in fashion design, illustration, merchandising, etc. and has been in the business for many years) is working within the constraints of the line. It is never going to be drastically different, but I think Gary has actually added a lot more modern styles and ideas. In addition, the line has expanded over the last few years (active, beach, studio, etc.). Gary is not going anywhere unless he chooses to do so, and many people (myself included) do think he adds to the presentations and enjoy watching him. I would wager that the "Garolyn" shows are among the most popular on the entire channel. I don't mean to be one of those "shop someplace else if you don't like it" people, but, really, if D&Co does not provide the kind of clothing you want and need anymore, you really may have to find another line or store that does. 

@jonbon wrote: I don't mean to be one of those "shop someplace else if you don't like it" people, but, really, if D&Co does not provide the kind of clothing you want and need anymore, you really may have to find another line or store that does.

@jonbon I will continue to give my opinion on clothing or any other topic on these boards without the need to get personal. Like you, I’m aware that I can shop where ever I like, but thank you for the reminder.

Trusted Contributor

I do not need or want the same clothes that I bought 10 or more years ago. 

I have purchased more Denim & Co items this spring than the last few years.  I especially like the french terry tops (A346977, A347344, and A351591).  Yes, they were more expensive than items the past, but clothing I like and will wear is worth it to me. 

Respected Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

From my point of view, D&Co has the same style aesthetic that it has always had -- I'm not sure I would have described it the way you did ("stylish, on-trend, with a choice of sophisticated patterns and solids to suit anyone’s taste"), but I think many would say that is still the case since there is such a wide variety available. Gary (who is trained in fashion design, illustration, merchandising, etc. and has been in the business for many years) is working within the constraints of the line. It is never going to be drastically different, but I think Gary has actually added a lot more modern styles and ideas. In addition, the line has expanded over the last few years (active, beach, studio, etc.). Gary is not going anywhere unless he chooses to do so, and many people (myself included) do think he adds to the presentations and enjoy watching him. I would wager that the "Garolyn" shows are among the most popular on the entire channel. I don't mean to be one of those "shop someplace else if you don't like it" people, but, really, if D&Co does not provide the kind of clothing you want and need anymore, you really may have to find another line or store that does. 

@jonbon wrote: I don't mean to be one of those "shop someplace else if you don't like it" people, but, really, if D&Co does not provide the kind of clothing you want and need anymore, you really may have to find another line or store that does.

@jonbon I will continue to give my opinion on clothing or any other topic on these boards without the need to get personal. Like you, I’m aware that I can shop where ever I like, but thank you for the reminder.

I was in no way implying that you shouldn’t give your opinion. I was trying to say that you don’t seem happy with D&Co as it currently stands, and I don’t see it changing much anytime soon, so you might have to look elsewhere to find what you want.

Trusted Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@elated wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Ketra.  If you refer to the clothing I wear as "matronly", you infer I am matronly as well.  If that isn't personal, what is?  It appears that your motive in starting this thread was to insult a whole group of women, QVC's Denim & Co. buyers.

She doesn't say that you are matronly --- only the clothing !ine. Just because you choose to wear the clothing it is not a reflection on you. What I consider undesirable and not fashionable to me may be your style.  Don't take someone's opinion  to heart. Life is too short and dress what suits your taste. Has anyone ever told you that you look matronly wearing this clothing line, if not you look great.

I think this viewpoint walks a very fine line.

@jonbon @Kachina624 I never made the “matronly” comment mentioned above. If you actually read the thread you can confirm this. Nor did I make any other personal comments in this thread. The person who made the matronly comment has a right to their opinion because they were talking about a line of clothing, and never did they make personal remarks about Kachina624 or anyone else. However, Kachina624 made many personal remarks about others in this thread. I won’t hold my breath for an apology for the false accusation above. How about letting others just voice thier opinions without the nasty comments and telling them they can shop elsewhere. I believe everyone knows they have the freedom to shop anywhere they want without you constantly informing them that there are other places to shop.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought that gary was there from the beginning? I guess not.? I could not believe the prices and the clothing they were selling. Not one thing would I order also the sizing runs to big for me even in the size small.

Esteemed Contributor

@godi wrote:

Prices are going up and quality is going down. Saw a tunic It was nothing great, 42 dollars! Really? 

Not to mention shipping and handling prices. I saw a plain little short sleeve shirt for over 40 dollars too. Do they think we are stupied enough to order something like that and pay that price point?Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

Denim  & Co., YES but also SPORT SAVVY.

I think I had AT LEAST 17 sets of the  “4 100% HEAVY cotton short sleeved T-shirts in the (useless) decorated plastic bag- 2 plain, one stripe, one polka dot, cotton lace trim on the plain colors”, AND————the WONDERFUL microfleece zip front jackets with ZIP POCKETS. 

I KNOW I had 18 of those fabulous jackets, and because of an idiosyncratic heating system in a facility where I was working sometime around 2005 or so, I wore one of those jackets EVERY DAY for A WHOLE YEAR, and because they were beautiful colors in a perfectly plain style and jazzy accessorizing, NOBODY KNEW they were all the same jacket, in different colors! 

SSSOOOOOO- EACH OF THESE ITEMS WERE DISCONTINUED!!!!!!!

I KNOW other customers loved them as much as I did, because I STILL whine about the fact that they vanished, and other posters chime in.

I would be THRILLED to pay TWICE what they cost in the first incarnation if I could buy them, and as previously, I’d continue to buy jacket after jacket and T-Shirt Set after T-Shirt set until I had them all. Su**ed into the vortex of beloved purchases, practical, easy care HIGH QUALITY basics. GO E.

Respected Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@elated wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Ketra.  If you refer to the clothing I wear as "matronly", you infer I am matronly as well.  If that isn't personal, what is?  It appears that your motive in starting this thread was to insult a whole group of women, QVC's Denim & Co. buyers.

She doesn't say that you are matronly --- only the clothing !ine. Just because you choose to wear the clothing it is not a reflection on you. What I consider undesirable and not fashionable to me may be your style.  Don't take someone's opinion  to heart. Life is too short and dress what suits your taste. Has anyone ever told you that you look matronly wearing this clothing line, if not you look great.

I think this viewpoint walks a very fine line.

@jonbon @Kachina624 I never made the “matronly” comment mentioned above. If you actually read the thread you can confirm this. Nor did I make any other personal comments in this thread. The person who made the matronly comment has a right to their opinion because they were talking about a line of clothing, and never did they make personal remarks about Kachina624 or anyone else. However, Kachina624 made many personal remarks about others in this thread. I won’t hold my breath for an apology for the false accusation above. How about letting others just voice thier opinions without the nasty comments and telling them they can shop elsewhere. I believe everyone knows they have the freedom to shop anywhere they want without you constantly informing them that there are other places to shop.

Let me see if I can make you understand this. I clarified my earlier comment, and nothing I said was "nasty" to you or to anyone else (nor did I "constantly" inform anyone that there are other places to shop). I did not say that you called the clothing matronly; I was simply giving MY opinion about what you had stated in response to another post, and I did NOT do so in an insulting way. Are we not allowed to express an opinion that doesn't agree with yours? How about taking your own advice and letting others voice their opinions? I truly hope you have a lovely day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have absolutely no complaints about the quality or designs  of Denim & Co.   This stuff goes on forever; never seems to wear out.  It doesnt shrink, fade, pill or come apart.  I give it away simply because I tire of it, not because it's no longer wearable.  I love many of the prints I've gotten in the past.  Not so much this year as they seem to be mostly florals.  The line is designed for a casual lifestyle, and consists mostly of jeans or casual pants and tee types of shirts.  This is the same attire worn by 90% of Americans.  So how is it matronly or dowdy?  How would you change it?

I think most of the comments made on this thread are without merit, are exaggerated and are simply untrue.  Thankfully, thousands of buyers disagree and love Denim & Co.  If its not for you, fine.  Select other clothing, go to the mall or whatever but keep your subjective comments to yourself.

I don't think so. Those who state their opinions (myself included) have a right to say what they feel - even if it contraadicts your view. 

Frequent Contributor

that's because back in the day QVC was their own thing.. but now they are part of HSN.. thus the Q in quality may as well be replaced by J for Junk