Respected Contributor

Re: PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS

What can I say? I have 2 tops and a pair of shorts in the mail coming. I like D&Co for daily life. Don’t care for 100% cotton. Clearly I am a fan.

If I want a snicker I go to the the thread about dare to show what you wear and see the fashionistas.

Valued Contributor

I agree 110%

If I recall correctly, Gary was the designer of the former in-house brand of Sport Savvy.  Many on these forums referred to things as Sport Saggy.  

Gary seems like a nice man, but I don't care for his designs.  I am now 50 and rarely order anything from my formerly beloved D&Co.  15 years ago, I would order at least 2 items per week.

Honored Contributor

I used to order more from D & Co., but I can find casual clothing for less money in my local stores.  I don’t care for all the prints they do, but I still see a few things from time to time that I like. What stops me from buying is usually the price. I like Gary with Carolyn - makes for a fun show. 

I don’t think their items are necessarily matronly. I see similar styles in my stores. I think attitude, confidence, and how you put things together to make an outfit makes a difference in how you are perceived. In the end if you are happy with what you wear & how you look, that is all that matters. 

Honored Contributor

@Ketra.  If you refer to the clothing I wear as "matronly", you infer I am matronly as well.  If that isn't personal, what is?  It appears that your motive in starting this thread was to insult a whole group of women, QVC's Denim & Co. buyers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

My biggest complaint about Denim and Co. is the price! For an inhouse brand made in China and other places where labor is dirt cheap, most items are way too expensive.

I don't buy the pants, not because I conside them matronly, but because I have not found any D&C pants that fit me. I do like some of the tops, and think lots of the florals are cute, not matronly at all. Some of them are clearly not my taste, too large and too bright, but different strokes for different folks. 

Regarding the "fabrication", I am not a fan of rayon span that is used predominantly by LOGO, and has spread to other designers at QVC. I have never bought any liquid knit, although I have been tempted many times. My favorite QVC line is Linea, and the quality there is impeccable. But even with Linea, not everything is my cup of tea. Designers have to appeal to a broad base, and most of us are unique, right?

The good old days are just that. If D&C is not offering what you want, then there are other choices, either at QVC or at the mall, or perhaps online. I don't see QVC lowering prices, getting rid of polyester, or even Gary.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Ketra.  If you refer to the clothing I wear as "matronly", you infer I am matronly as well.  If that isn't personal, what is?  It appears that your motive in starting this thread was to insult a whole group of women, QVC's Denim & Co. buyers.

She doesn't say that you are matronly --- only the clothing !ine. Just because you choose to wear the clothing it is not a reflection on you. What I consider undesirable and not fashionable to me may be your style.  Don't take someone's opinion  to heart. Life is too short and dress what suits your taste. Has anyone ever told you that you look matronly wearing this clothing line, if not you look great.

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

She doesn't say that you are matronly --- only the clothing !ine. Just because you choose to wear the clothing it is not a reflection on you. What I consider undesirable and not fashionable to me may be your style.  Don't take someone's opinion  to heart. Life is too short and dress what suits your taste. Has anyone ever told you that you look matronly wearing this clothing line, if not you look great.

I think this viewpoint walks a very fine line.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  That wasn’t me that said the clothing looked matronly now. That was another person’s view of how the Denim & Co. line has become. They have a right to their opinion and you have no right to tell anyone to keep their opinions to themselves. No one directed the comment at you or anyone else personally. They just gave their opinion of how they feel the line has gone down hill. No one can help it if you decide to take it personally. You have been the only one to make personal comments in this thread.  

If you feel insulted by us having a different opinion about a clothing line than you do, that’s your problem. 

Trusted Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@elated Thank you for trying to explain to her. I wasn’t the one who made the matronly comment. I tried to explain to her that the person had every right to their opinion about the way the clothing line has become. No one directed any personal comments at her or anyone else. She has no right to tell people to keep their opinions to themselves because they differ from her own, and she was well out of line making personal comments at me and others today. 

Respected Contributor

From my point of view, D&Co has the same style aesthetic that it has always had -- I'm not sure I would have described it the way you did ("stylish, on-trend, with a choice of sophisticated patterns and solids to suit anyone’s taste"), but I think many would say that is still the case since there is such a wide variety available. Gary (who is trained in fashion design, illustration, merchandising, etc. and has been in the business for many years) is working within the constraints of the line. It is never going to be drastically different, but I think Gary has actually added a lot more modern styles and ideas. In addition, the line has expanded over the last few years (active, beach, studio, etc.). Gary is not going anywhere unless he chooses to do so, and many people (myself included) do think he adds to the presentations and enjoy watching him. I would wager that the "Garolyn" shows are among the most popular on the entire channel. I don't mean to be one of those "shop someplace else if you don't like it" people, but, really, if D&Co does not provide the kind of clothing you want and need anymore, you really may have to find another line or store that does.