Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,767
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS


@fthunt wrote:

Gary has never convinced me he is a designer.  Can not see him at table with sketch pad and drawing pen.  (like Bob Mackie)  Gary and his job doesn't appear to be a natural 'fit'.


 

 

If they got rid of Gary maybe they could lower the prices on these garments.I always wonder why he is on with a host anyway, D&Co did very well without him for yrs and yrs.!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,248
Registered: ‎05-23-2015

Re: PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS


@tototwo wrote:

You could ignore our fussing, @RollTideRoll2008 .   Actually, I've been buying most of my casual clothes (t-shirts, jeans, jackets, etc.) at Kohl's and am very impressed with their quality and, especially, their pricing.

 

 


Yes, I guess it must be exhausting scrolling by posts you don’t agree with. 🤣

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,755
Registered: ‎06-07-2010

Re: PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS


@Camogirl wrote:

Agree. I do not remember the last purchase I made of this brand...

 

Oh, I think it was plaid heavenly jersey button up from a few years back, the first time it aired with I think with Leah on a Saturday morning. Got two - one pink, one blue. Nice shirt actually, super soft.

 

I agree that line did have better stuff for sure. The line was based on more basic, every day wear kind of stuff. 

 

I also think that Gary needs to be removed from the shows and probably as a designer.

He adds nothing to the shows and obviously adds nothing to the designs.

 

(Lose that awful perfect jersey too, there is not a thing perfect about it no matter what they say. Yep, I just had to throw that in there too!) 


@Camogirl  I so agree w/your third paragraph.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,199
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS

[ Edited ]

I have absolutely no complaints about the quality or designs  of Denim & Co.   This stuff goes on forever; never seems to wear out.  It doesnt shrink, fade, pill or come apart.  I give it away simply because I tire of it, not because it's no longer wearable.  I love many of the prints I've gotten in the past.  Not so much this year as they seem to be mostly florals.  The line is designed for a casual lifestyle, and consists mostly of jeans or casual pants and tee types of shirts.  This is the same attire worn by 90% of Americans.  So how is it matronly or dowdy?  How would you change it?

 

I think most of the comments made on this thread are without merit, are exaggerated and are simply untrue.  Thankfully, thousands of buyers disagree and love Denim & Co.  If its not for you, fine.  Select other clothing, go to the mall or whatever but keep your subjective comments to yourself.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,303
Registered: ‎04-14-2013

Re: PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS

Agree, @Kachina624.  My closet is full of D&Co.  I wear it just about every day.  There are tons of offerings.

 

I find there is great consistency in styles and colors, for basic pieces.  And I've gotten fantastic deals on clearance and "as is".

I laid down my hammer, and I saw ~ ancient proverb
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,098
Registered: ‎07-11-2010

Re: PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS

[ Edited ]

I will not pay $35 for a t-shirt, light-weight or klingy knit top of any kind, D&C, Isaac or Graver. I do not want glitter, glitz or grommet embellishments on my daily casual clothing. I simply do not want to wear any kind of "liquid" knit top of any design. Some of the D&C tops are childish looking, ruffles, bell sleeves, flared sleeves, open gaps in shoulder areas, embroidered flowers, garish colors in stripes and patterns, flared bottoms, shark-bite hems and none are worth $35, I would not wear any of those tops.  I saw some this morning with Gary and Carolyn. They have some nice tops but you have to pick and choose and the prices are no longer reasonable! I have some of the plaid heavenly jersey button-front LS shirts from last Fall and linen-type 3/4 sleeve muted stripe tops and they are great. I generally have liked their pants, but the fabric type and style determines whether the size works or not.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,199
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS

[ Edited ]

@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:
I wish Kohl’s or Wal-mart had a forum so some of you had an alternate place to go to fuss.

 

 

@RollTideRoll2008.  @Ketra    Especially since the comments are so facetious and without merit.


New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,068
Registered: ‎02-16-2018

Re: PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS


@Kachina624 wrote:

@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:
I wish Kohl’s or Wal-mart had a forum so some of you had an alternate place to go to fuss.

 

 

@RollTideRoll2008.  @Ketra    Especially since the comments are so facetious and without merit.



@Kachina624 Because my opinion about what has happened to Denim & Co doesn’t agree with yours, you have chosen to get personal. We are talking about a brand of clothing, not about the people wearing it. The majority of posters on this thread have not shared your opinion regarding the brand, but none, including myself, have gotten personal with you or made you feel unwelcome. You say my comments on this thread are facetious. (treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; being flippant) I don’t believe that to be true. However, I do believe that when you get personal with someone over a brand of clothing you are taking things far too seriously. 

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 101
Registered: ‎06-16-2010

Re: PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS

I thought it was just me. The fabric on most of their tops are horrible and I agree the sizing is off. I really don't like the designs lately. Prices are up and quality is down.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,068
Registered: ‎02-16-2018

Re: PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS


@Kachina624 wrote:

I have absolutely no complaints about the quality or designs  of Denim & Co.   This stuff goes on forever; never seems to wear out.  It doesnt shrink, fade, pill or come apart.  I give it away simply because I tire of it, not because it's no longer wearable.  I love many of the prints I've gotten in the past.  Not so much this year as they seem to be mostly florals.  The line is designed for a casual lifestyle, and consists mostly of jeans or casual pants and tee types of shirts.  This is the same attire worn by 90% of Americans.  So how is it matronly or dowdy?  How would you change it?

 

I think most of the comments made on this thread are without merit, are exaggerated and are simply untrue.  Thankfully, thousands of buyers disagree and love Denim & Co.  If its not for you, fine.  Select other clothing, go to the mall or whatever but keep your subjective comments to yourself.


Kachina624 wrote the above “Select other clothing, go to the mall or whatever, but keep your subjective comments to yourself.”

 

@Kachina624  We all have a right to comment on these boards even if our opinion differs from yours. Everyone’s opinion matters, not just yours. You are the only one that keeps getting personal on this thread. The rest of us have been sharing our opinions on how we feel the Denim & Co brand has changed. You don’t agree with that fine. You love their latest designs, great! However that doesn’t give you the right to tell others to keep their opinions to themselves. And contrary to what you said, all opinions have merit, not just the ones we agree with.