Trusted Contributor

PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS

Gary keeps touting the quality, updated designs and patterns of Denim & Co. fashions. Really!  The quality of the designs, material and sizing of their fashions is poor, and the patterns they use literally hurt my eyes to look at. Everything I’ve seen in the last two years looks like something I would take to the Goodwill. I used to buy lots of Denim & Co items when their clothing was made well, of good quality material or 100% high grade cotton. The designs were stylish, on-trend, with a choice of sophisticated patterns and solids to suit anyone’s taste. I wish QVC would replace Gary as the Denim & Co designer and revive the Denim & Co brand to what it once was.

Valued Contributor

Re: PLEASE REVIVE THE DENIM & CO BRAND TO WHAT IT ONCE WAS

Totally agree @Ketra!

Well said. From your lips to the Q PTB's ears. 

Esteemed Contributor

Prices are going up and quality is going down. Saw a tunic It was nothing great, 42 dollars! Really? 

Valued Contributor

Perhaps the cost of materials or labor has increased. If those costs are carried forward people will complain about the costs of items and blast the Q for that too. So then changes are made in material selections, etc.  Just speculation.

About style changes,  I am in my forties now but started watching the Q in my early 30s. I like some of the style updates, and have bought more d&c of late than I would back then.  I respect your position however, and I can empathize.  I hate it when makeup companies sell out to Corporations and formulas change or ingredient qualiity plummets.

Honored Contributor

@Ketra 

I agree, D&C prints and styles are matronly. Sixty here, simply looking at the offerings ages me twenty years! No matter, shop else where for attractive items. 

Talbots, Macy's, Coldwater Creek, Thankfully! Offers variety of styles. 

Trusted Contributor

@ajsidney12 wrote:

Perhaps the cost of materials or labor has increased. If those costs are carried forward people will complain about the costs of items and blast the Q for that too. So then changes are made in material selections, etc.  Just speculation.

About style changes,  I am in my forties now but started watching the Q in my early 30s. I like some of the style updates, and have bought more d&c of late than I would back then.  I respect your position however, and I can empathize.  I hate it when makeup companies sell out to Corporations and formulas change or ingredient qualiity plummets.

@ajsidney12  You have a good point when you said “Perhaps the cost of materials or labor has increased. If those cost are carried forward people will complain about the costs of items and blast the Q for that too. So then changes are made in material selections, etc.”

I would believe this to be true, but Denim and Co have raised their prices and not maintained the same quality. Maybe they haven’t raised their prices as much as other brands, but their quality has gone down more quickly and noticeably than other brands.  Why not keep the quality (material, designs & patterns) of Denim & Co, and be honest with the customer about having to raise the prices in order to keep that quality. Most customers would understand that and respect the overt honesty of the designer stating that on air. Instead they chose to completely destroy the quality and designs of a once respected brand name. We as customers can go to Walmart, Target or even the thrift shop and find clothes of the same quality and style that Denim & Co are now producing. Wake up QVC and Denim & Co execs! With a little honesty and maintaining the Quality, Value & Convenience of one of your best selling lines, most people would bear the burden of necessary price hikes to keep the same quality, material, and styles that they’ve come to expect from Denim & Co.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree!  I wouldn't pay $1 for D&Co items now.  I have D&Co shirts and jean jackets from 10-15 years ago that I still wear.  Can't beat the quality from back then!  But now, the brand is junk.   And ridiculously expensive.   I won't watch the shows any more.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I never thought of D&C as fashion forward but it’s really pretty bad these fats. Guess this is what people are buying and the prices are what they are willing to pay. Luckily there are many places for us to shop!
Respected Contributor

Spoiler
Agree!  :Most things seem to be made of the same old fabric ... cotton and spandex.  And the prices for this cheap fabric keeps going up and up!  No more for me!
Spoiler

Respected Contributor

D&C used to be my favorite brand on the Q. I loved the tees with 95 cotton/5 spandex and the weight of the fabric. For the past year, the quality has definitely gone down, the weight of the fabric is so light that every little bulge shows (I am in my late 60s and have lots of them) and you can see through the shirts. The cotton has been replaced with polyester which, no matter what they say, is hot in our humid 90 degree summers. The prints are not what I see anywhere else. I'm a jeans & tees person, not much interested in trends because I like to wear my clothes for more than one season. D&C used to fill this need for me. Sad that it's no longer true. Another thing: if I'm going to pay $40-50 for a plain tee, I won't be buying these current D&C ones.