Esteemed Contributor

@catwoman48 wrote:
@Effie54, bet that was when they had all the beautiful Victor Costa evening wear! Evening Enchantment: what other designers were featured, do you remember? Not sure Bob Mackie was selling evening wear on QVC then. Feel free to refresh my memory. My, do I miss dressing up.

Yes, Victor Costa was one of the designers. I forgot some of the others...but they were fabulous with sequins, palazzo pants, evening jackets, long dresses. It was wonderful when people dressed up! I miss those days so much! Evening Enchantment was my favorite show! Kathy Levine often hosted it. 

Valued Contributor
I remember a long time ago Joan Rivers was selling her clothing line and she said something about going into a bank and wanted to do business with a woman who dressed neatly and didn't look like a slob. That always stuck with me. When I'm in a Department store or Bank I want the people to dress appropriately and not look like they rolled out of bed, including Starbux
Esteemed Contributor

I saw someone wearing PJ bottoms at the grocery store.  I think that’s the first time I noticed that.  I know people here mention seeing it.  I remember when track suits and athletic gear were considered a no-no to wear to stores.  Now that’s become normal.  I suppose things are always evolving.  Pretty soon maybe we’ll be wearing universal clothing that we can shop or sleep in.  It sounds like we’re heading in that direction. 

Honored Contributor

We used to have a very high end, private and not part of a chain jewelry store.  And they would not let you in, if you were dressed messy or dressed as a slob.  This store had the most expensive jewelry in the state.  They are now closed.