Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

Someone who is a proportioned petite will be able to wear a petite fit from stem to stern and that's who they are making this size for. They do need to mention if the fit is just shorter in the inseam though. You can't go by the petite models either because some have longer legs than others and if they do show you the waist on the pants it's obvious to me it sits much higher than it should, plus they are posing.

@blackhole99  I’m not sure there’s a true petite. The size means 5’4” and under, but weight, bust size, body proportions, etc. are not taken into consideration. I would think that a woman who’s a 14-16 and my height would have the same issues with fit.

@ShanusI understand what you mean, but before the industry or should I say the Q made petite sizing all inclusive, you would never see a petite cut in the larger sizes.I think JB was right when she was honest enough to say she was short, not petite.

Honored Contributor

Petite just means you're under 5' 4 it doesn't take into account your proportions. I'm 5-2 and I cannot wear a petite inseam because I have very long legs which obviously means I have a really short torso! LOL it would be nice to be able to buy a petite rise but not necessarily a petite length

I'm guessing that Shanus, much like Jeanne Bice, needs a petite length but not a petite rise

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

Someone who is a proportioned petite will be able to wear a petite fit from stem to stern and that's who they are making this size for. They do need to mention if the fit is just shorter in the inseam though. You can't go by the petite models either because some have longer legs than others and if they do show you the waist on the pants it's obvious to me it sits much higher than it should, plus they are posing.

@blackhole99  I’m not sure there’s a true petite. The size means 5’4” and under, but weight, bust size, body proportions, etc. are not taken into consideration. I would think that a woman who’s a 14-16 and my height would have the same issues with fit.

@ShanusI understand what you mean, but before the industry or should I say the Q made petite sizing all inclusive, you would never see a petite cut in the larger sizes.I think JB was right when she was honest enough to say she was short, not petite.

@blackhole99  There are models on Q who are small boned, short petites like Amy Stran and those that are larger petites...say they are wearing a petite large. I assume the bust is larger, pants adjusted accordingly, but still a short length.