@KingstonsMom  Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

Nice to see the color blue is getting its due - finally!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: PANTONE COLOR ANNOUNCED

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Nice to see the color blue is getting its due - finally!  Smiley Happy

@ValuSkr   It's much more wearable than some of the previous ones...flesh tones, reddish browns or brownish reds. And who ever gave up all washes of jeans anyway?

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl

Thank you for the link! I'm psyched for the green shades that were listed!

Perhaps not the swatch so much as the example but the classic blue brings to mind tanzanite for me

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I don't care what anybody else considers THE 'colors', I buy and wear colors that compliment my skintone and hair color.

People respond in this way each time a color of the season/year/whatever is announced. And I always respond that nobody is saying anyone HAS to wear it. It just means that a particular color or set of colors will be featured and fairly readily available in a lot of collections -- clothing, home goods, etc.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

The Color of the Year (Blue) for 2020 was announced quite a while ago.  
Is the Color of Spring/Summer (Blue) different? 

I didn't realize Pantone did it by seasons...

@sidsmom Pantone announces a "Color Of The Year".  They will have some additional swatches.  It takes a while to filter into the market place.  Spring items are already beginning to show up in the stores, and there will be blue as usual which will be a luck hit for the companies.

The true blue will likely be stronger in winter items.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think it means much. I never see clothes in the color they  pick ,offered

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I don't think it means much. I never see clothes in the color they  pick ,offered

@cherry 

like they do every year they (shopping channels) will refer to every shade of blue as the 'color of the year' !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just scanned through all the colors .... looks good to me!  

My summer blues are all navy or chambray, all shades of red and orange are okay.  I'm big on yellows and gray and tan are also in my closet.

But - I wear lots of black and white in summer.

ETA:  Just realized that the "biscay green" ... is one of the colors in the summer sweater I started about two hours ago.  (I bought the yarn last year.)

Esteemed Contributor

I have the most beautiful Blue Pearl granite in our "owners" bedroom, that I picked out when we built the house.  Then I did something really stupid and had the walls in our bathroom and bedroom painted blue too.  I HATE blue walls, always have.  Don't know what I was thinking.  I hope to get it repainted this year.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead