Honored Contributor

PANTONE COLOR ANNOUNCED

[ Edited ]

The spring/summer Pantone color is blue...an easy color to wear depending on the shade. I'm not sure it was specified. Anyone know? I'd like to be prepared what will be prevalent in stores. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus Classic blue was designated as the Pantone color for 2020. 

Below is a link listing all of the Pantone colors that will trend for Spring 2020, including Classic Blue, as shown during Fashion week. 

https://glowsly.com/pantone-spring-2020-colors-trends/

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much for including that link @FlyersGirl. I like the red, olive and true blue, navy shades. How do you feel about the choices?

Honored Contributor

I really like Pantone's "Classic Blue" color. To me it looks like the color of London Blue Topaz, which really can go with most anything...just like blue denim jeans can.

Honored Contributor

The Color of the Year (Blue) for 2020 was announced quite a while ago.  
Is the Color of Spring/Summer (Blue) different? 

I didn't realize Pantone did it by seasons...

Honored Contributor

I don't care what anybody else considers THE 'colors', I buy and wear colors that compliment my skintone and hair color.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I don't care what anybody else considers THE 'colors', I buy and wear colors that compliment my skintone and hair color.

@KingstonsMom   I agree and only wear colors I like and look well on me, too. As an artist, it's just interesting for me to see what Pantone chooses since it carries over from clothes to housewares to paints, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I agree the Color of the Year is so important.

It's like that scene in 'Devil Wears Prada' when Miranda explains
to Andy the blue sweater she though she chose was,

in reality, chosen by the fashion industry.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Shanus 

I agree the Color of the Year is so important.

It's like that scene in 'Devil Wears Prada' when Miranda explains
to Andy the blue sweater she though she chose was,

in reality, chosen by the fashion industry.

@sidsmom   Yes, I remember the scene and love the movie. I've seen it several times.  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@KingstonsMom   I agree and only wear colors I like and look well on me, too. As an artist, it's just interesting for me to see what Pantone chooses since it carries over from clothes to housewares to paints, etc. 

@Shanus 

I have to tell ya' that I've always admired your artistic talents, wish I had some!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.