Esteemed Contributor

Re: PAIGE Mayslie Belted Denim Romper

@Andreatoo @ECBG 

It's been a long time ago, so I don't remember...but going to the bathroom in these rompers had to have been a pain.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I believe our school rompers had elastic at the legs, thank goodness.

All of those floor exercises, etc.

Btw, do most school require PE?  

Looking back, it probably was a good idea, only they sure didn't give us much (if any at all) time to shower and dress for our next class, clear and far across to another building.  

Talk about STRESS.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Kerstin would look great in this romper @lolakimono .

Honored Contributor

Lola:  I do like this denim romper.

Only, I'd prefer the length to be a couple/few inches longer.

A couple of days ago, I took out a navy tiny dotted, romper dress.  Not too short, not long.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

There are some very cute rompers. With the hot uncomfortable weather I would be tempted to try one. In a very light fabric. Wish they made them with bermuda length shorts.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Trusted Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

This looks like the pe romper we had to wear in high school. I did NOT look good in that romper, nor would I look good in this denim version.

LOL! Mine was cobalt blue cotton twill and extra baggy.....at first. We were issued the same one until graduation. I was only at that school for two years but the long-timers (4 yrs. of high school) looked pretty constricted by senior year.

Just for giggles, the nuns were driven to great anxiety over the senior girls' uniforms! They tried but most parents refused to shell out the $$ for a new uniform for only a few months of wear. I didn't luck out on this......my 2 yr. uniform was not alluringly tight and short.  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

Sorry to have derailed your thread a bit but I have a question for you as a current teacher: Are kids still taking PE? Are they handing out uniforms?

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I believe our school rompers had elastic at the legs, thank goodness.

All of those floor exercises, etc.

Btw, do most school require PE?  

Looking back, it probably was a good idea, only they sure didn't give us much (if any at all) time to shower and dress for our next class, clear and far across to another building.  

Talk about STRESS.  

@ROMARYdepends on State. I had to wear those rompers in my state for gym class and it was REQUIRED.   These things all fall into the category of funding.  Schools in my area have slashed funding for arts programs; which is awful imho.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@kate2357 

Oh my...you are so right!

It's my gym suit all over again....just needs the name sewn on the back.

Yikes!  Not a good memory!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@lolakimono 

Sorry to have derailed your thread a bit but I have a question for you as a current teacher: Are kids still taking PE? Are they handing out uniforms?

@Andreatoo 

Yes, of course!  PE is a requirement as is health, but there are "better" alternatives to the old school PE, where they can customize according to their interests.

- yoga

- fitness

- team sports

- weight training

- walking

- dance

- individual sports

The "uniform" varies according to the sport.  In middle school they wear a T-shirt of school colors and those long "mesh" shorts.  I have never seen a standard HS uniform, but it's probably the same.