Valued Contributor

Re: PAGING GAZELLE77--Someone poofed your comment on the Alert! Albany is on with Isaac discussion...

Just one of many, many reasons I refuse to watch Shawn..

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

Re: PAGING GAZELLE77--Someone poofed your comment on the Alert! Albany is on with Isaac discussion...

Shawn has a very strong belief system and shares a bit too much with the public, meaning us. I can overlook that, but if post #9 is true, someone better straighten her out.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/23/2014 hopi said:

Shawn had a Q bit on Talk Soup, she was talking about buying her ring and to buy it for a dying person so they would have something to hold on to and grasp it until their knuckles turned white.

There was nothing funny about it, it was a shocking and desperate sales pitch was very disturbing.

Most other TV personalities would have been suspended for doing something that crass.

Exactly my point!!! See post #5... Some hosts do/say some things that are truly astounding!! The Q managers/supervisors should be made aware and stop those behaviors!! And Shawn is at the top of the list - she seems to have absolutely no filter.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/23/2014 corita said:
On 10/23/2014 hopi said:

Shawn had a Q bit on Talk Soup, she was talking about buying her ring and to buy it for a dying person so they would have something to hold on to and grasp it until their knuckles turned white.

There was nothing funny about it, it was a shocking and desperate sales pitch was very disturbing.

Most other TV personalities would have been suspended for doing something that crass.

Exactly my point!!! See post #5... Some hosts do/say some things that are truly astounding!! The Q managers/supervisors should be made aware and stop those behaviors!! And Shawn is at the top of the list - she seems to have absolutely no filter.

I just watched the video of Shawn selling the ring. I don't believe she exactly said to buy the ring to give to someone to hold onto while they die. But it was close. She kept talking about her recent personal struggles, without getting specific. If I were a new listener or did not know what had happened to her recently, I would be a bit annoyed and also curious about her referencing something bad, that she did not specify. I think she should just leave all that out of her presentation. She needs to deal with her own grief without using it to sell a piece of jewelry.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Frequent Contributor

I could not agree more about Albany

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/23/2014 hopi said:

{#emotions_dlg.scared} That's sick!