Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

At least once a day (it seems) someone complains about the prices. If something is out of your budget just pass it by. Why make judgement calls on how much people choose to spend their money? Yes, pajamas can cost $132 or more. There all types of people with all different incomes. Each of us are adults who usually know how to spend our money, and our limits. 

I agree, and in addition, people with the same income choose to spend it in different ways.  Someone who is in shock at the idea of $132 pajamas may turn around and spend a lot of money on a cruise.  The lady who buys the expensive pajamas may be a homebody who really enjoys her special pajamas.  No right or wrong - just different.  ETA I don't buy $132 pajamas.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor
These threads are tiresome.
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

There are a lot of wealthy people in the world. They have money to burn.  Spending $100 for them is like spending $10 for the average person. QVC makes more money off of expensive items so they are focusing  more and more on wealthy people.

I don't find that weathy people are the Q's target market.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't call $132. for PJ's a "wealthy" people purchase. and one many would buy on this board if they wanted to. But it seems to me if you have to buy them on Easy Pay, you might want to pass.

New fashion and different fashion comes out seasonal. I'm not interested in anything that will last me "forever." I get tired quickly of fashion and not interested in wearing something forever, no matter how much it costs.

Honored Contributor

That certainly seems like a lot to me.  I love to have comfy p.j.s but I refuse to pay and cannot afford to pay anywhere near that price!  I guess if you can afford it, then go for it!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

There are a lot of wealthy people in the world. They have money to burn.  Spending $100 for them is like spending $10 for the average person. QVC makes more money off of expensive items so they are focusing  more and more on wealthy people.

I don't find that weathy people are the Q's target market.

@San Antonio Gal   Yes, although once in awhile there are over the top prices on jewelry or clothing, it's always on easy pay. I doubt weathy people need easy pay....and they aren't watching a shopping channel.

Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

im not a same poster.maybe time for me to leave all you people.honestly,I've never felt wecome here.what gives?is this like high-school days?very caddy

I would not give the negative remarks much thought Sherrikay.  Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

The people I know are comfortably middle class, many collecting a pension. Only one person I know would be willing to pay that much for pjs even with an easy pay. That leads me to believe that QVC has aspirations for a wealthier clientele. I wouldn't be surprised if many QVC watchers are well to do lonely boomers who see shopping as their hobby and main source of happiness.

Honored Contributor

We don't all have the same priorities but we do all have an opinion about others and their priorities! LOL Human nature 

Respected Contributor

I suspect there are many wealth people that channel surf like everyone else. Sometimes I surprise myself by the channels I stop to watch.