Honored Contributor

Oversized jeans

[ Edited ]

This is becoming popular.  Oversized or sometimes called "Dad" jeans.  They are usually much longer inseam, so it helps if you're tall. This is from J Brand, one of my favorite jean companies.   This one is a recycled jeans (reused cotton) and was washed in less water. All the premium jeans companies are in to that.  Washed in less water.  35" inseam.  Less water affects the appearance of the jean.  this one uses 90% less water!  You could call this a wide leg that 's been slouched!

Honored Contributor

Not for me. They are worse than floods

Honored Contributor

I really like them.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Are people still freezing their jeans instead of washing them?

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

These jeans look great on the model, but, how many women can wear a 35" inseam?  Not to mention, these jeans have a very high waist thus helping her legs look to be about a mile long.

I like the leg line.  Getting tired of seeing skin tight skinnies all the time.  This adds some variety.

3 x 1 had some Dad jeans that were marked w/their trademark X on the side of the legs and I believe they had a 30" or so inseam.  They were shown with a model wearing sneakers as opposed to sky high stiletto's and I thought they were much more wearable at that length (for my lifestyle anyway).  Wish I knew how to post a pic.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Are people still freezing their jeans instead of washing them?

Some still do.  I wash mine, but I down't wash them a lot.  I have a lot of jeans and wear a different one each day.  So it takes a while before I wash them.  I never put any jean in a dryer.  The less you wash your jeans, the better.  On the othr hand, all of my tops are washed after one wearing. 

Honored Contributor
If the inseam were 29 inches, they would be fine. I have non-denim pants that look like that.
Honored Contributor

Re: Oversized jeans

[ Edited ]

I wore something similar as a young teen in the 70's.  My legs didn't widen from my knees down then and they still don't.  I'll stick with straight and slim legs or even a slight bootcut is OK.

IMO, these are too trendy and "unflattering" even on this tall slim model.  Trends come and go, last a year or a few, then what do you do with out of style clothing?  IMO, it's a waste of money.  I stick with classic traditional styles.  

Designers continue stealing designs from the past and calling them "new."  It's a gimmick to get us to buy.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird @If you don’t wash your jeans after wearing where do you store them.I wash everything so I can put it back in the drawer or closet.

Honored Contributor

They remind me of ex-QVC host LR's 'Gumby' pants.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.