@software wrote:

This shop is in a college town.   

I think that explains a lot.

That absolutely explains it. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Overheard in the Consignment Shop

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

How did this thread devolve from what clothing is being accepted by consignment shops to a blanket statement that women don't look good in jeans because they are showing muffin tops, camel toes, big butts and bulging stomachs?

What an incredibly short-sighted thing to say.  And here is a news flash. Yoga pants don't hide the aforementioned characteristics of a woman's body.  

Since you obviously quoted me, I'll respond. I guess I perceived a negative vibe from the OP (and others) about yoga pants, so I only expressed my opinion that most women look worse in jeans than they do in yoga pants (black knit pants), which at least have a material that gives so they would be less likely to be stuffed into it and overflow -- like they do in jeans.

I'm entitled to have my opinion about how I think most women look in jeans... and, no, it is not a very good opinion. My intention is not to offend anyone here. Obviously, I can't offend anyone here seeing as I have no idea how anyone here looks in their jeans.

I will say for the last time.... if women wear the correct size and style for their body, they will look good in almost anything. :-)

I'm sure you know that conversations here can sometimes, and often do, turn in different directions. Nothing wrong with that. If someone wishes to steer it right back to the OP, why, they are free to do so. 

Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

I wear yoga pants most often when I'm out and about. I think they look a heckuva lot better than skin tight leggings or dirty looking, ill-fitting jeans.

@SaRina

If those were my only choices I'd wear the yoga pants too!

Fortunately my leggings fit me nicely and I wash my jeans (that also fit well)

I'm glad you look good in your clothes, lol. I'm sure you do. I guess I see too many muffin tops, camel toes, big butts and bulging stomachs stuffed into denim jeans in my city. We all know that finding good fitting jeans is the bane of a woman's existence. If more women would wear dark indigo jeans that fit them well.... I'd change my opinion. ;-)

I've been athletic my entire life, so the yoga pants and jogging sneakers work for me most often.

@SaRina

That I can't relate to. I have no difficulty, especially now with spandex in most every pant on the market, in buying jeans or any other pants that fit me properly. I know my measurements; I know what size I am. I'm an hourglass but gone are the days of the too big waist if the hips fit. That little bit of span makes a world of difference...also the too big armholes. Unless it's exclusive to the Q lines, which I rarely shop, I haven't had any armhole issues either...

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

I wear yoga pants most often when I'm out and about. I think they look a heckuva lot better than skin tight leggings or dirty looking, ill-fitting jeans.

@SaRina

If those were my only choices I'd wear the yoga pants too!

Fortunately my leggings fit me nicely and I wash my jeans (that also fit well)

I'm glad you look good in your clothes, lol. I'm sure you do. I guess I see too many muffin tops, camel toes, big butts and bulging stomachs stuffed into denim jeans in my city. We all know that finding good fitting jeans is the bane of a woman's existence. If more women would wear dark indigo jeans that fit them well.... I'd change my opinion. ;-)

I've been athletic my entire life, so the yoga pants and jogging sneakers work for me most often.

@SaRina

That I can't relate to. I have no difficulty, especially now with spandex in most every pant on the market, in buying jeans or any other pants that fit me properly. I know my measurements; I know what size I am. I'm an hourglass but gone are the days of the too big waist if the hips fit. That little bit of span makes a world of difference...also the too big armholes. Unless it's exclusive to the Q lines, which I rarely shop, I haven't had any armhole issues either...

@I think that's great @Andreatoo. :-)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

Why do a lot of women follow suit and wear yoga pants?  I do not wear them so I guess I am out of style.  Who cares?  lol  It could be that I am a mature woman and do not follow the trends.  Cat Very Happy

@Katcat1

Follow suit?     These styles were worn in yoga classes and were so darn comfortable that no one wanted to change into something more restrictive after class.  Hence, a new wardrobe staple was born ... or sewn.   Jeans are less comfortable than yoga pants, and hotter.  Plus, they often look more sloppy.  

Personally ....  I don't see the yoga pants styles going away any time soon.

Respected Contributor

I wear Denim & Co. terry knit pants, are they yoga?

Esteemed Contributor

The consignment shop I bring things to won't take any clothing items sold on QVC.  THey will take Dooney & Bourke bags and name brand shoes like Clark's but no SG, D&C, IM, Halston, Linea, QF etc.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I wear Denim & Co. terry knit pants, are they yoga?

@traveler

Yoga pants are shown in post # 11.

Respected Contributor

I wear whatever I want and donate all "old" clothing in great condition, or with tags still on, to salvation army. I wouldn't probably shop in a consignment shop that turns their nose up to the "matronly"wear.

Honored Contributor

@SaRina

Wasn't really looking for praise it was more of a challenge; do you still think in this day and age that women are having difficulty finding pants that fit properly?

I may be special😘 but I'm pretty sure that I'm not unique