Respected Contributor

Re: Overheard in the Consignment Shop

I've never found a pair of yoga pants that don't give me camel.... Even in that picture above, she's pretty close lol

Super Contributor

During cold weather I wear jeans except for the days I go to Yoga class.  I wear yoga pants similar to the picture posted.  I have several Yoga sets (pants with matching jackets) and of course coordinating shirts.   During warm weather I switch to regular capris and yoga capris.  No leggings in my closet.

Respected Contributor

I think a lot of women enjoy looking down on other women who don't live up to their own opinions - with clothing and a lot of other areas too.

Respected Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

I've never found a pair of yoga pants that don't give me camel.... Even in that picture above, she's pretty close lol

Granted, everyone's anatomy is different. Without getting into TMI.... you just have to wear the right size and find the right material that works for you.

With the jeans, obviously too many women are stuffing themselves into too small sizes.

Each to their own. :-)

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Not really.

My pants fit me so that isn't a problem. 

Honored Contributor

My friends and I have a little joke.

There are 2 things in life that do not lie.

Little children and yoga pants.

@SaRina

Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

My friends and I have a little joke.

There are 2 things in life that do not lie.

Little children and yoga pants.

@SaRina

I'm not sure what you and your friends mean.  My yoga pants fit me like a more modern looking pair of black knit pants.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I stopped by one of my favorite consignment shops yesterday.    About 70% clothes, the rest is some new gadgets/gizmos and collector items, crystal & china.

I was waiting to check out when I heard a woman inquiring to one of the managers about bringing in her jeans to sell on consignment.    She had them in her car and was asking the procedure.   Manager told her we don't take drop-offs, we prefer to go through  your items with you present and we only take designer jeans.    Manager also told her she won't get much for them, maybe $6-$7 because everyone is wearing YOGA PANTS.

Just saying.

The consignment shops in my area won't take anything from QVC.  They want Banana Republic, J. Crew, Athleta, LuluLemon and Ann Taylor...and they want it almost new.  I have donated so much as they won't take many of my items.  My $128 Lululemon jacket--almost new--too short on me--gave me like $14 for it.  I was so angy.  I thought I'd get closer to $40

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I love yoga pants.  I own many pairs.  I wear them when I'm not working or not in my pj's, LOL.  

I live in hoodies and some logo tops and yoga pants.  I buy a lot from Lululemon as they are comfortable but look nice.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

How did this thread devolve from what clothing is being accepted by consignment shops to a blanket statement that women don't look good in jeans because they are showing muffin tops, camel toes, big butts and bulging stomachs?

What an incredibly short-sighted thing to say.  And here is a news flash. Yoga pants don't hide the aforementioned characteristics of a woman's body.