Honored Contributor

I have been wearing them since I was young and still do.  There is not such thing as them not being for anyone older!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Overall shorts

[ Edited ]

@songbird  I use to have a pair back in the 1970's, I think I'd still wear them if I had the body to rock them in. !!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I do think they look pretty silly on anyone over 20 (or so), no matter how great their body is.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I have been wearing them since I was young and still do.  There is not such thing as them not being for anyone older!

@Pook, normally I don't go by others' age requirements, but I have to say that I would feel like a fool wearing these, to say nothing about the poor look of my knees and the not so great look of the skin on my legs now.

I at some point I choose a commune over a retirement home, then I just may go for it!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I usually don't associate fashion items with age but some things (to me) are exceptions, and these remind me of another "don't" for women over 20 (or so) - rompers.  

No grown woman should be wearing anything called a romper.

Respected Contributor

They don't look good on my big, stocky body so it's an easy pass. I think the last time I wore a pair of overalls is when I was two or three. Smiley Very Happy

The last time overalls were big in the 90's. Along with the fanny packs (excuse me, "belt bags" Woman Wink ) and colored sneakers, the 90's fashion trends are making a resurgence. 

Honored Contributor

That was all one of my friends would wear back in the summer of 1998 while pregnant with her third child.  Even I got tired of looking at them but sure understood the comfort of the outfit. Never seen her in them since and R. is now in her sophomore year at A&M.  These are cute.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."