Esteemed Contributor

So the Shawn and Isaac banter is scripted too?

Respected Contributor
On 3/30/2015 QMaven said:
On 3/30/2015 Mtnbikegirl said:

Wow!! A lavender tulle ankle length skirt w/ a gold sequin belt, navy-white striped t-shirt, and gold strappy heels....now, that's some outfit for sure! Courtney is obviously not afraid to think out side of the box on this Q Check Monday.....

She looks like she attends the Lori Goldstein school of "Anything Goes With Anything. " The outfit is ridiculous.

A guy in my neighborhood wears a skirt like that. Also a teddy bear hat

Regular Contributor
On 3/30/2015 Shar Beth said:
On 3/30/2015 Hippie Chic said:

Totally, totally disagree with you. I think Courtney is a breath of fresh air and is doing the job really well. Do you realize that these hosts are up there without the benefit of reading a teleprompter? This is one really tough job. She is unscripted and doing her best to talk about each product for approximately 10-15 minutes or so. And TSV's longer. Want to try that yourself?

I think she is great and has amazing potential. And, her personality is adorable. Goodness, she is not up there performing brain surgery. Give her a chance.

{#emotions_dlg.lol} yeah ok. Wink

Little rude, don't you think....

I agree. She's not rude at all. All of you Mother Goose bossy people need to leave Courtney alone and allow this young woman do her job and stop with this nonsense. Not liking her style then no one is twisting your arm to watch.
Trusted Contributor

Why is it anyone's business? Go find something worthwhile to do with your time.

Regular Contributor

I must confess if Courtney is on I just watch her for maybe 5 minutes just to see what she is wearing how she did her nails. Sometimes she has fun sparkly stuff on her nails and once I do that I flip the channel. She seems nice but maybe when she and Lisa would host together I just could not bare to watch. Courtney was always laughing at Lisa's sometimes awkward jokes, she was always complimenting her it was just too much it was borderline nauseating.

Esteemed Contributor
Yes, I like her manicures but when they zoomed in the last time I saw her, the color was nice, the pink with sparkles at the tip but her manicurist did a bad job at the base of her nails. I love Leah's manicures, always neat and great colors
Esteemed Contributor

Totally, totally disagree with you. I think Courtney is a breath of fresh air and is doing the job really well. Do you realize that these hosts are up there without the benefit of reading a teleprompter? This is one really tough job. She is unscripted and doing her best to talk about each product for approximately 10-15 minutes or so. And TSV's longer. Want to try that yourself?

I think she is great and has amazing potential. And, her personality is adorable. Goodness, she is not up there performing brain surgery. Give her a chance.

No, they are not unscripted. They are semi scripted. They are told what to say. Haven't you ever noticed that different hosts say the exact same thing about a particular product? They are not on their own at all. Additionally, the producer is in their ear prompting them.

I beg to differ with you. This is not even semi-scripted. A producer is there to 'guide' them with important information to point out to the viewer (if not said) as well as about quantities left, sizing and colors, etc....along with other pertinent items in navigating the show. They are absolutely not reading a 'script' nor hearing a 'semi-script' their ear. These are the hosts words talking to you like you are sitting with a friend. They are heavily trained to learn about each product and the points to make for the sale. They even go over all the products before they go on air as well as meet with the vendors too if applicable. They use reference cards to refer to on air too (which you may have seen in their hand or on the table in front of them. Go take a tour of QVC (behind the scenes) and check it out for yourself. It is fascinating. It is hard not to appreciate the amazing job they do! Talent!

Nope. Have a relative who is a producer there. Their presentations are semi scripted.
QMaven, you have a relative who is a QVC producer? Please share more of the inside scoop. Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Courtney is cute and has been coached by Lisa Robertson. She will be fine once she gets some more her time on shows. Hopefully, one day, someone will come along and replace Amy. I have tried very hard to like and watch Amy...now that is over the top in the worst way. To giddy, all over the map, talks way to fast, doesn't describe the product as well as others and forgets a lot because she is all over the set and just gets goofy. The one good thing when she had the wig on a couple of days ago, she looked very put together and actually looked the part of a very classy lady...not the giddy thirty something teen.

Respected Contributor

I love her, and love her style............