Honored Contributor

Well, as far as the "new fresh look", I actually like the skirt and think it's very pretty. Apparently wearing it with anything you want makes it fresh because it's taken directly from the early 60's cocktail dresses. Nothing is really new and fresh, they just take parts of older styles and revamp how to wear them. If I were 20... I'd wear it for a minute~! Wouldn't care what anyone thought (still don't) Wink

As far as the Squash Bottom Necklace".... LOL... yes, Courtney needs some more training.... Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor
On 3/30/2015 iluvhandbags said:
On 3/30/2015 kittymomNC said:

It may be "on trend", but I live in a very diverse metropolitan area, and I'd be willing to bet I'll never see that on anyone on the street or anywhere else. Just as I never see the LOGO layered look...

I love these kinds of responses! Part of being a fashionista is NOT wearing what every other Susie, Janie and Mary is wearing. And we all know what a hotbed of fashion NC is!!

Uh.............NC is home to one of the major department stores as well as having James Taylor and being one of the most preferred states to live in. Your state iluvhandbags?

Super Contributor
I think Courtney is a doll!
Super Contributor
On 3/30/2015 Shar Beth said:

Totally, totally disagree with you. I think Courtney is a breath of fresh air and is doing the job really well. Do you realize that these hosts are up there without the benefit of reading a teleprompter? This is one really tough job. She is unscripted and doing her best to talk about each product for approximately 10-15 minutes or so. And TSV's longer. Want to try that yourself?

I think she is great and has amazing potential. And, her personality is adorable. Goodness, she is not up there performing brain surgery. Give her a chance.

No, they are not unscripted. They are semi scripted. They are told what to say. Haven't you ever noticed that different hosts say the exact same thing about a particular product? They are not on their own at all. Additionally, the producer is in their ear prompting them.
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/30/2015 ECBG said:

It may be "on trend", but I live in a very diverse metropolitan area, and I'd be willing to bet I'll never see that on anyone on the street or anywhere else. Just as I never see the LOGO layered look...

I love these kinds of responses! Part of being a fashionista is NOT wearing what every other Susie, Janie and Mary is wearing. And we all know what a hotbed of fashion NC is!!

Uh.............NC is home to one of the major department stores as well as having James Taylor and being one of the most preferred states to live in. Your state iluvhandbags?

Just to add a little more to your statement, ECBG... NC has had such an influx of people from all over the world, and especially from "up north", that I now seldom even hear a true Southern accent when I'm out and about. Years ago, everybody spoke "Southern", but not any more. It has become a much more cosmopolitan state in several areas than most people give it credit for.

Super Contributor

Really? If being a fashionista in a "hotbed of fashion" means going out in public and being laughed at, count me out! Would you kindly regale us with the hotbed of fashion you live in? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

And if New York City or L.A. is a "hotbed of fashion" and people dress like Courtney today or in Lori G's everyday style, sorry, but leave me out of that as well! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Then don't wear anything outside that you think would make a laughing stock.....problem solved! But don't think just because "you've never seen anyone wearing" it, that its not out there. And I live in a much bigger metro area than NC. I see these looks frequently. So you should probably not consider going to NYC, LA or Chicago then. It might be too much of an assault to your senses.....

I don't plan to and have no desire whatever to go there... if Courtney's outfit today and Lori's everyday layers are any indication, my poor senses would be overwhelmed! I might not survive! {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Well you see a little bit of everything so you'd find someone who was your style too. That's one thing I love about living here!!!

LOGO layers and a Mohawk! Yikes! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} (Why did you delete it? I thought it was funny!)

icon of punk

ETA: Actually, I have seen a couple of Lori's things that I kind of liked, but didn't like the look of the fabrics when they showed the closeups.

Love that emoticon, kitty! Too cute! Yes, I've seen some very interesting things riding the El. Maybe that has "dulled" my senses ((eyes AND nose))to other things.....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I didn't want to derail the thread so I deleted it least a pro/anti Mohawk fight break out! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Super Contributor
On 3/30/2015 ECBG said:

I live in the third largest city in the US......home to many major department stores, many celebrities but probably NOT a preferred state to live in. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Nothing against NC: I love the beautiful mountains/beaches they have. Just noting that when most people talk fashion, NC does not usually pop into mind. Hence, maybe some of these trends do not always make their way there first.

~~~ So many handbags....so few hands ~~~

Regular Contributor
On 3/30/2015 QMaven said:

Totally, totally disagree with you. I think Courtney is a breath of fresh air and is doing the job really well. Do you realize that these hosts are up there without the benefit of reading a teleprompter? This is one really tough job. She is unscripted and doing her best to talk about each product for approximately 10-15 minutes or so. And TSV's longer. Want to try that yourself?

I think she is great and has amazing potential. And, her personality is adorable. Goodness, she is not up there performing brain surgery. Give her a chance.

No, they are not unscripted. They are semi scripted. They are told what to say. Haven't you ever noticed that different hosts say the exact same thing about a particular product? They are not on their own at all. Additionally, the producer is in their ear prompting them.

I beg to differ with you. This is not even semi-scripted. A producer is there to 'guide' them with important information to point out to the viewer (if not said) as well as about quantities left, sizing and colors, etc....along with other pertinent items in navigating the show. They are absolutely not reading a 'script' nor hearing a 'semi-script' their ear. These are the hosts words talking to you like you are sitting with a friend. They are heavily trained to learn about each product and the points to make for the sale. They even go over all the products before they go on air as well as meet with the vendors too if applicable. They use reference cards to refer to on air too (which you may have seen in their hand or on the table in front of them. Go take a tour of QVC (behind the scenes) and check it out for yourself. It is fascinating. It is hard not to appreciate the amazing job they do! Talent!

Super Contributor

I beg to differ with you. This is not even semi-scripted. A producer is there to 'guide' them with important information to point out to the viewer (if not said) as well as about quantities left, sizing and colors, etc....along with other pertinent items in navigating the show. They are absolutely not reading a 'script' nor hearing a 'semi-script' their ear. These are the hosts words talking to you like you are sitting with a friend. They are heavily trained to learn about each product and the points to make for the sale. They even go over all the products before they go on air as well as meet with the vendors too if applicable. They use reference cards to refer to on air too (which you may have seen in their hand or on the table in front of them. Go take a tour of QVC (behind the scenes) and check it out for yourself. It is fascinating. It is hard not to appreciate the amazing job they do! Talent!

Nope. Have a relative who is a producer there. Their presentations are semi scripted.
Regular Contributor

Nope. Have a relative who is a producer there. Their presentations are semi scripted.

Interesting that this is not what we all were told on tour. Thanks for clarifying then.