Trusted Contributor

Re: Over The Top Christian Siriano Ballgown

What was he thinking? 

Super Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Looks like someone grabbed my grandmother’s chenille bedspread and made a gown out of it, just like that “Went With the Wind” creation that Carol Burnett wore. She had seen it in the window and just had to have it, curtain rod and all. I’d say Christian Siriano  saw this fabric on Grandma’s bed and just had to make something out of it.

I have a great at-home lounger dress that is actually made from a vintage chenille bedspread, and it’s warm and very fun to wear. It has a giant blue bow right on the front that is part of the chenille. Very artsy and tongue-in-cheek.

I love Christian Siriano and have since Project Runway. I knew he would succeed. I bought shoes from his first collection at Payless or wherever it was and love them. I follow him on Insta and he is truly fierce and fun and full of swagger. I love almost 99 percent of his gowns, but this one not so much. I appreciate wacko design for sure, but this one is really just sadly ugly. Hope not to see it on anyone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seriously...who would wear that?  Maybe as a sweet sixteen party gown for some rich, young teen somewhere.

Trusted Contributor

Looks like purple poodle fur.

Regular Contributor

My very thought too! Lots of fluffy toilet paper covers!

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Oh. Dear. 

That looks like a life-sized version of those crochet toilet paper roll toppers.

@FrostyBabe1- OMG!  That was my first thought, too.  Somewhere I still have a purple toilet paper roll cover and, when I saw that dress, it's what I thought of.

Hideous.

(ETA:  It also looks to me like someone cut up fluffy bathroom rugs and stitched them to a mesh background.  So not a flattering look.)

Honored Contributor

9D13CA7B-B858-42B7-A89A-2CF24F401E97.jpeg

Super Contributor

Image result for barbie doll cake

Honored Contributor

Yuck.  Only one of those six I'd even consider wearing and I'll give you a hint:  it's not purple or gray.

These designers just seem to compete to see who can be the most outrageous.  What a useless waste of time, materials and money, IMO.