Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

[ Edited ]

Another rather busy day but at least we're now in the weekend! Yay!

Every year, from August 1st to September 30th, in Greater Miami they do something called Miami spice. All your high end restaurants, you know the ones with multiple dollar signs in their descriptions, offer pre fixe menus three courses for $39 a person. The restaurants get the business and we get to try places we wouldn't necessarily go to otherwise.

Every year I swear I'm going to try a bunch of places, goodness I have two months! But I always wind up doing one and then life gets in the way. We tried a place last Sunday and unfortunately it was a complete disaster! The upside is that we're doing  another restaurant tomorrow night. Last week's pick was described as elevated Americana. Tomorrow night will be French  / Italian fusion. I think I will try the black truffle risotto! I'll let you know how it goes

20190823_155303.jpg

Guillaume top and Banana Republic chinos

Maybe I'll dress up for dinner tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe Hello Lovely.  Thank you SO much for the smile.  There aren't many smiles around.  Just ugly people.

Certainly I'll let you know.  The description said "cotton knit".  I rarely order poleyester.  

Do I remember you wear petite?Smiley Happy

Have a nice evening.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo @NYCLatinaMe @dex @cherry and Cheerleaders,   hope everyone is happy today.  We're soggy and gray.

My INAE tunic is black and white.  I'm using baby blue to ad color to the gray day.  My white druzy pendant looks like sugar or snow.

The FASHION EDITION of Bazaar has hit the stand.  I had subscription problems,  came home with it and it was in the box!  This is the best forecast to let you know what will be available. Smiley Happy

20190824_100606.jpg

Honored Contributor

Good morning! I have learned so much about fashion, styles, color and more from this OOTD thread! Woman Very Happy Much appreciation to everyone who posts outfits, regularly or every so often!!

I grew up in the preppy days and ended up working in corporate marketing and communications positions. I would describe my outfits through the years as classics. Now that I am helping my Mom most days, I wear soft, casual clothes and only "dress up" when I'm going out on the weekends. 

Because of this thread, I am considering pieces "out of my boring box" and having fun with fashion. Woman Happy

I have learned A LOT from @ECBG and I love your outfits and styles, bringing pieces together with longer shirts and jackets OPEN to showcase a top, jewelry, belt underneath. I love the vertical lines and you really look sharp. I agree with you that color is very important, because some colors make me look, well, to put it politely, not so great. As my auburn hair is getting frosty around the front hair line, it's even more important to not wear colors like light grey, orange, yellow, or some very warm shades of red and brown.

I would say I have opened my mind so much more about fashion from @Andreatoo 's posts. You look great in the cool fashion items that have fancy sleeves, and you rocked the black cold shoulder item awhile back. It's all about personal style and you look fantastic. And you and your "smoke and mirrors" about your waist...you look terrific! Thank you for starting this OOTD thread!

Hoping that @AmericanBulldogMom comes back this fall with her super cool outfits. Most of the time, I am dressed more like her than anyone here. I've learned that you can size up one or two sizes on a comfy top over jeans, and when you pair your outfit with nice leather boots, it gives the outfit an edge. I want to learn more about those Miz Mooz boots! Very stylish!

This thread is also interesting because other fashion friends like @San Antonio Gal  and @StylishLady and others come on to post their outfits. I love seeing everyone's style and continue to learn so much here! The variety and welcoming, inviting, positive nature of this thread is so refreshing. 

Carry on beautiful ladies!! Looking forward to more outfits!! Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe Hello Lovely.  Thank you SO much for the smile.  There aren't many smiles around.  Just ugly people.

Certainly I'll let you know.  The description said "cotton knit".  I rarely order poleyester.  

Have a nice evening.

Hi @ECBG I am 5'2" but don't always wear petite.  My fashion challenge is my short torso and larger hips  and behind.  So long tops are not flattering because they look like a tent on me.  This one looks too long.  It is also 100% cotton, which requires a lot of care, for which I have no time.  It is very pretty, and if it is around a long time, and I lose weight, I might come back to it.  I also like the buttons, and they had lots of pretty colors.  I also saw that SS provides grament measurements, which is great.  I may shop there another time.  Your top is very pretty, enjoy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe 

We're the same height babycakes!

@EdithEllenLily 

Great post! And a long time coming! LOL I remember when we first crossed paths on your bags thread. Even though I don't post there very often ironically it's been my most intimate! Forget pictures of me, that's nothing, on your thread I actually posted my artwork! Much more personal

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

We're the same height babycakes!

Yes @Andreatoo I thought I'd mentioned that.  Like you, I am leggy, wearing 28"-30" pant inseam depending on the pant style, longer with heels.  Unfortunately, not as thin...  

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Have a nice evening.

Hi @ECBG I am 5'2" but don't always wear petite.  My fashion challenge is my short torso and larger hips  and behind.  So long tops are not flattering because they look like a tent on me.  This one looks too long.  It is also 100% cotton, which requires a lot of care, for which I have no time.  It is very pretty, and if it is around a long time, and I lose weight, I might come back to it.  I also like the buttons, and they had lots of pretty colors.  I also saw that SS provides grament measurements, which is great.  I may shop there another time.  Your top is very pretty, enjoy!

@NYCLatinaMe You're "fun sized"!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo @NYCLatinaMe @EdithEllenLily @EdithEllenLily @dex @tansy @cherry 

Hppefully, I can sit in peace and pour over Bazzar tomorrow!~Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo @NYCLatinaMe @EdithEllenLily @dex @tansy @cherry and Cheerleaders, 

I hope everyone has at least a patch of sunshine today!Smiley Happy

I'm home making Chelsea's Pasta Salad which is insanely yummy!

Here's to smiles and beautiful friends!Smiley Happy

(In case you haven't seen this before.)Smiley Happy

img119.jpg