Valued Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@ECBG,
You have so many pretty outfits this week I don't know where to start.
I love the black and red plaid on plaid! Goes great with the turtleneck underneath. I also adore the black and white print sweater. I have a coat in that pattern that's about 15 years old but I still love it. I got it from LDO back in the day.

I too am sorry about your friend. It must of been a terrible shock. I hope you find some comfort knowing you had a wonderful friendship with her.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Parischic 

Many thanks.

With their cars in the driveway they always were, it takes me back to our many lunches as well as running up her front steps because being an artist, she loved what I bought. 

Sitting at that little table in the kitchen or in the greatroom with a glass of wine it was alwas wonderful to see her.

Sometimes I wondered about what her life was like, but we all write our path by our actions.

My tears for her will never stop.

Thank you for the support.  This is a hard month for me.  We lost our 19 year old son on January 31.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Parischic 

Since you love hound's tooth, if you have a Michaels Crafts near you, I just picked up this clearance wired ribbon.  The hound's tooth and check can be used for gift bags for other occasions.

20230126_174557.jpg

Honored Contributor

Last Sunday's outfit.  The pants are very old Koret faux suede.  The cardigan is New Directions, and the shooties are Vince Camuto.  The whole outfit was inspired by the pendant I'm wearing.  There was a discussion on Saturday night about cross stitch projects and I was showing off this piece I did on, I think, 50 ct fabric.  

22 JAN 2023 Outfit.jpgVince Camuto Shooties.jpg

Cross Stitch Locket.jpg

Honored Contributor

Floral cashmere sweater, Gibson and Latimer vest, grey Fly London boots, and SS initial pendant.

20230128_191922.jpg

20230128_191904.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Love your outfit.  The shootie is adorable!

I love the piece you cross stiched!  So very pretty!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, Everyone! 
I've been sick at home for awhile so my only outfits have been pjs or knit pants with tees. I'm still here reading and posting occasionally though. I'm on an experimental medicine that doctors are hoping will help & keep me out of the hospital. I think it's helping but the side effects are horrible. 

When I saw my doctor recently he told me he was retiring. My doctor has been treating me for almost 40 years. I've been dreading this day because the thought of switching to a new doctor is scary. 

I've been too sick to sing so I'm not going to choir rehearsal. Interestingly, I got a phone call from a choir member the other night telling me the new choir director quit! The choir showed up for rehearsal, and he wasn't there. Those of you who've been reading this thread for awhile might recall the new director forced instrumentalists out who been there for years & made lots of drastic changes. Those of us who remained supported him for 4 months, and now he's gone. No explanation at all. It bothers me that he couldn't even email us and tell us he was resigning. I don't expect details, but I do expect common courtesy. Hope the next one works out better. 

Hope Everyone here is staying well. Take care. 🌈

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

So very sorry that you have been terribly sick and your medicine wasn't what you had hoped for, and then a new doctor.  Hopefully, the new doctor may have new knowledge that will be an advantage to you.

Your choir director is something else.  Hopefully, your director prospects will be both talented and considerate in the future.

I hope you will feel better soon.

If you're nuts for something to do, on youtube you might enjoy "Aster's Place, she's a floral designer and so wonderful to watch.  You might want to look up some of the very gifted talent @Oznell has shared with us in "Home".

Best wishes for every day to be better!

10 Best Teas for Sore Throats

Honored Contributor

Back to a balmy 50 degrees!  

DKNY Color Block cotton sweater (I loved it so much I got my DILove one for Christmas).  Instant hit!  Vince Camuto vest.  Drusy Malachite pendant.

20230129_192151.jpg

20230129_192230.jpg

20230129_192514.jpg

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess I love your quilted shooties. You have the cutest shoes.
The cross stitch pendant reminds me of one I made back in the 10th grade when they still taught Home Ec!
Just Lovely!