Esteemed Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@wilma wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@ECBG  - Are you and the other ladies at work going to start wearing fall clothing this month?   Or wait until Sept?

@San Antonio Gal 

I'm retired from teaching, but even if I was working, I wouldn't be wearing fall clothes in August. It stays very warm in KY through September so I will wear "summery" outfits for awhile longer. By the time October comes, I put those items in the back of my closet and switch to fall items & colors. 

I live in CO and am moving to KY in September.  Glad to know about the weather.

Honored Contributor

@elated 

You will be right above me!

I'm in western NC in the mountains; if you are in western KY we share snow systems, lol!!!Smiley Happy

Welcome to the "neighborhood"!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@elated wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@ECBG  - Are you and the other ladies at work going to start wearing fall clothing this month?   Or wait until Sept?

@San Antonio Gal 

I'm retired from teaching, but even if I was working, I wouldn't be wearing fall clothes in August. It stays very warm in KY through September so I will wear "summery" outfits for awhile longer. By the time October comes, I put those items in the back of my closet and switch to fall items & colors. 

@elated 

An early welcome to you! Hope you like living in KY. I'm born and raised here. People are friendly and neighborly. Some very beautiful countryside. Our weather can be very warm in the summer and very cold with snow in the winter. The joke around here is if you don't like the weather today, just wait for tomorrow. It can change quickly. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Oufit of the day, if you dare!

I would KILL to have your hair! 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@elated wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

@elated 

An early welcome to you! Hope you like living in KY. I'm born and raised here. People are friendly and neighborly. Some very beautiful countryside. Our weather can be very warm in the summer and very cold with snow in the winter. The joke around here is if you don't like the weather today, just wait for tomorrow. It can change quickly. 

That is what they say about Co. My son moved to KY in April and I am following .

Honored Contributor

"If you don't like the weather in Oklahoma, wait a minute and it'll change."  Will Rogers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Oufit of the day, if you dare!

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

I would KILL to have your hair! 

@PuppyLoverBob666 

If you are speaking to me, many thanks!

My former students does my hair and has owned her shop for years; her daugher is married and she just became a grandmother!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I had a lovely day ladies, and hope you did!

I got to sleep late, took myself out for a "black and blue" salad for lunch/dinner then went in!

Our black and white striped top has vertical stripes down the front and horizontal stripes on the sides!  I used my denim tunic again, freshly laundered of course!  Our capris (skimmers).  Stuart Nye custom hoops.

20220809_205619.jpg20220809_205554.jpg

Honored Contributor

Sunday's Outfit.  Dress by American Living (never heard of them), Shoes by Gianni Blini (never heard of them either), and topper by Kim Rogers.  

We don't get fall weather here in AL until later in the year, but I'm cold natured.  I sometimes sit around the house with upper 90's outside and some sort of jacket on inside.  I turn the AC up to 76, but don't want to go higher than that.  Part of the problem is the vent is just to the left of my easy chair and it feels like it blows on me and I can't stand that. 

Once I pull out the fall/winter stuff, I keep 3 large plastic containers at the foot of my bed even after I change them out for a month or two in case I need to go back into them and pull out some summer stuff. 

For the Kentucky people, I have done a lot of genealogical research in KY for my Maiden Name.  They aren't my direct ancestors, but I think they do all go back to the same ancestors. That flood in Hazard KY reminds me of one of the folks in my research where the entire family was killed when their home was washed away in a flood.  Hazard and Breathitt Co. is where many of the people I researched lived.  They were a tough bunch and were even involved in a feud.  My ancestors came from VA then to NC then to MS prior to the 1850 census, and there most of them stayed.

7 AUG 2022 Outfit.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

You just have a gift for finding some of the prettiest florals!  Well done!

Your Gianni Bini shoes are one of the top brands at Dillards.(that clothing is more junior sized, yet in the misses dept)

I was often on the edge of being bored when I worked there, but love their house brands that equal quality to the highest brands on the floor.

They were very stingy with employee discounts.