Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I too have very fine thin hair. It's just an Illusion there's more there because it's curly

Here's a tip to keep from losing hair: Stop using a hairbrush! I did this a few years back and it's really made a difference because I'm not pulling it out. It's also grown longer than it's ever been in my entire life! I only use a comb now

@Andreatoo I haven't used a brush in years.  I really only use a pick and a comb just to do my part and the bit of teasing at the roots.  Another tip for not losing hair which I don't follow in summer is not putting it up.  Even a scrunchie will cause some hair loss, but when I'm working in the yard I have to get the hair up and off my neck and face.  A scrunchie is the lesser of all the evils.

@Icegoddess I bought some silk scrunchies and they're pricey but fantastic

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@FLgardener 

Please don't be discouraged to post here. We can't wait to see you!

ladies I went to the shooting range today! I've never shot a gun in my life and I thought I would but it wasn't to be. I could not handle the noise! I had ear protection on but some of the cannons they were firing were painfully loud and you could feel each shot reverberating through your entire body! It really freaked me out. My husband and brother-in-law want to take me to an outdoor range next time and my husband was instructed to buy me a good set of ear protection! I was using the ones that give you as a range.

We shall see...

I want to do this, too. I have a question - something I've wanted to know-do you close one eye when aiming or keep both eyes open?

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@FLgardener 

ladies I went to the shooting range today! I've never shot a gun in my life and I thought I would but it wasn't to be. I could not handle the noise! I had ear protection on but some of the cannons they were firing were painfully loud and you could feel each shot reverberating through your entire body! It really freaked me out. My husband and brother-in-law want to take me to an outdoor range next time and my husband was instructed to buy me a good set of ear protection! I was using the ones that give you as a range.

We shall see...

@Andreatoo  My husband would love it if I showed an interest in going to a shooting range.  He is licensed and carries, but I really don't have an interest.  Maybe by his carrying, I feel protected LOL.  I think if I had to use a gun in a situation, I could be a fast learner.  Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess
I am be a lurker but always notice you for several reasons. (I love figure skating) Besides being a real beauty, (your eyes and complexion are to die for) you are beyond gracious.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@FLgardener 

We shall see...

@Andreatoo  My husband would love it if I showed an interest in going to a shooting range.  He is licensed and carries, but I really don't have an interest.  Maybe by his carrying, I feel protected LOL.  I think if I had to use a gun in a situation, I could be a fast learner.  Woman Wink

@tends2dogs 

Mine too! Maybe we should set the boys up on a play date....Woman Wink

I havent been interested but recently said what the heck? I even received a lecture and a list of rules and tips from my daughter Annie Oakley! Lol! I had no idea she'd been shooting but apparently her old roommate took her with.

Unfortunately @Judaline closing an eye wasn't one of them but it doesn't seem like a good idea to me...

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@FLgardener 

We shall see...

I want to do this, too. I have a question - something I've wanted to know-do you close one eye when aiming or keep both eyes open?

@Judaline you're supposed to aim with both eyes open lining the the thing that sticks up on the end of the barrel through the U-shape at the back of the barrel.  However, because of the difference between my two eyes I have a real difficult time doing it.  If you are going to close one eye, you need to determine which eye will be the accurate eye.  If you stick your thumb up at arms length in front of you with both eyes open you can get an idea of where you think you are pointing.  Now, close each eye separately and see how far it moves.  I just did it with the spindles on my staircase and when I close my left eye, I'm several spindles off, so I would need to close my right eye if I were to close one.  I still try to focus with both eyes, but that makes me very slow.  

Also, there can be a tendency to pre-jerk in anticipation of the gun shooting.  Luckily, I don't have that problem but when the gun does actually shoot, the barrel will automatically jerk upwards from the force of the explosion.

You do need to be careful about how you hold a 9mm pistol since that chamber jolting backward can either take a hunk out of the webbing between your thumb and forefinger or could even break a thumb or finger inadvertenly blocking it.  I had the range safety officer stop me once due to that.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

that was one my daughter's major points: DONT TENSE UP.

she said she was sore the next day but she basically did it to herself......

Oh yea and the flying casings are hot!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Icegoddess 

that was one my daughter's major points: DONT TENSE UP.

she said she was sore the next day but she basically did it to herself......

Oh yea and the flying casings are hot!

@Andreatoo another advantage of a revolver, no flying casings.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@FLgardener 

We shall see...

@Judaline you're supposed to aim with both eyes open lining the the thing that sticks up on the end of the barrel through the U-shape at the back of the barrel.  However, because of the difference between my two eyes I have a real difficult time doing it.  If you are going to close one eye, you need to determine which eye will be the accurate eye.  If you stick your thumb up at arms length in front of you with both eyes open you can get an idea of where you think you are pointing.  Now, close each eye separately and see how far it moves.  I just did it with the spindles on my staircase and when I close my left eye, I'm several spindles off, so I would need to close my right eye if I were to close one.  I still try to focus with both eyes, but that makes me very slow.  

Also, there can be a tendency to pre-jerk in anticipation of the gun shooting.  Luckily, I don't have that problem but when the gun does actually shoot, the barrel will automatically jerk upwards from the force of the explosion.

You do need to be careful about how you hold a 9mm pistol since that chamber jolting backward can either take a hunk out of the webbing between your thumb and forefinger or could even break a thumb or finger inadvertenly blocking it.  I had the range safety officer stop me once due to that.  

Thanks, I had just googled this and it told me pretty much the same thing, some military guy. I found out my dominant side is my right and to go with my right eye if I use one eye. My left is 'a couple spindles over to the left.' Weird. I'll try both. First with my right eye, then with both eyes. 

I heard the Glock is the perfect gun?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo @Judaline @Icegoddess @lulu1 

@tends2dogs and Ladies,

I totally dressed for the 73 degrees, 40 MPH winds today.  The winds didn't happen and I left at 55 degrees with a thick cotton wrap.

Retail's V neck sweater in purple, I C Collections vest, 

violite sodalite crystal, green amy, and Herkimer diamond pendant Chrs.

20210412_161557.jpg