Esteemed Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@Icegoddess wrote:

My Sunday outfit.  The song we were singing was had a bit of a Country sound to it so I thought this was appropriate.  Notice the bell sleeves.  Bell sleeves were all the rage was it last year?  I have had this much longer than that.  Same problem then as last year, the sleeves are uncomfortably tight where the bell attaches to the sleeve.  Also a pic of my shoes and accessories.  I'm particularly fond of stone necklaces like this much more than sparkly jewelry.

JUL 12 2020 Outfit.jpg

Strappy shoes and necklace.jpg

@Icegoddess That's a very pretty dress.👍 The jewelry is perfect, and the shoes are an EXCELLENT choice!!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBjF_VVFvE

3CDC1530-2AD0-4E32-831E-FDC2929F20D4.jpegSkinny tee, worn backwards, and Kate and Mallory twills

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo  Your tee is a BEAUTIFUL shade of purple, and the outfit is very figure flattering!👍😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@wilma we aren't doing a choir right now.  Our choir had gotten so small before the pandemic I'm not sure we will ever have a choir again.  This is just a small group of 4 people and we sing the hymns with or without the congregation and do a special number.  Sometimes one of the other 3 will do a solo.  I'm not that comfortable doing that without a group as backup.  I really only have one back pocket solo that I could do if needed. 

@Icegoddess 

We’re not even allowed to have one singer!

I’m usually the soloist with a small group backing me up. We have about 20 total people in the choir, but before the pandemic shut things down, we were lucky to have 10 show up.  Not sure when we’ll ever get back to normal. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo @wilma @MickD @Icegoddess 

@SandySparkles @Shanus 

Hope everyone has had a lovely day.  The deck didn't go under long shadows for a very long time, so I didn't get my book read.

Here is the duck and ducklings.  She was showing them how to take a bath.  The ones to the extreme right are napping in the sun.  Number 11 has not shown back up.

20200716_173811.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I am enjoying a relaxing day, doing a little this and that. I just put a pot of lentils on, and made some salsa for tomorrow, as we are having burrito night- mine without meat of course.😁

Awwww, I hope the missing duckling returns, but in all likelihood...😞

There's just something special about watching a mother duck, and her chilluns'.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I am enjoying a relaxing day, doing a little this and that. I just put a pot of lentils on, and made some salsa for tomorrow, as we are having burrito night- mine without meat of course.😁

There's just something special about watching a mother duck, and her chilluns'.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles We have to say good bye to number 11.  Too many snakes and racoons, (not to mention beavers, who may eat meat, but I don't know).  Mamma searched the tall grasses yesterday and didn't find her baby!Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles We have to say good bye to number 11.  Too many snakes and racoons, (not to mention beavers, who may eat meat, but I don't know).  Mamma searched the tall grasses yesterday and didn't find her baby!Smiley Sad

@ECBG  It breaks my heart, but I understand it is just the natural order of things. At least she has 10 other precious ducklings to tend after. 😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles Thanks, Sandy.  I loved the little things, but that's the order of life.  I learned that as a child growing up on a farm.  I used to question everyone very carefully that the squirrels we had for dinner were only the mean ones!  The same with vinison, because I would cry until I was sick.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles Thanks, Sandy.  I loved the little things, but that's the order of life.  I learned that as a child growing up on a farm.  I used to question everyone very carefully that the squirrels we had for dinner were only the mean ones!  The same with vinison, because I would cry until I was sick.

@ECBG  I smiled when I read, "only the mean ones!".😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖