Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

[ Edited ]

Went to church for the first time since March 15. We are at reduced capacity, practicing social distancing, and masks are mandatory. No passing of collection baskets, no communal prayer books in pews, and no touching others (unless they live in your house 😉). 

Since singing really sprays particles around in the air we are not singing right now either. 🤐 I miss singing a lot, but I do feel it’s safer not to sing. Usually I am the soloist so I wear a dress with heels. Since I was not up there singing I dressed differently today. Even with my mask, someone recognized me as the soloist, and asked me if I came to sing. I had to tell them that there still was no singing allowed. They were disappointed. 

It definitely felt good being back in the worship space. Watching on the TV or computer is fine, but it’s just not the same. It was nice to see people, but hanging around & having conversations is discouraged. Trying to be as safe as possible. Lots of waving from a distance to people I’d not since since March. 😃 

Hope everyone has a great week!

Dress Barn top

Peck & Peck pants from Stein Mart 

Cole Haan flats

89871B32-CA46-4C40-9444-0A124C7FACB5.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  Poor Shadow! Thank goodness fireworks are only set off for a few hours! I know he felt safe and secure now that you're home, and I would love to have seen that reunion.😊

Hopefully, you are feeling much better after your water "adventure".😊🤞

~~~ All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@ECBG  Poor Shadow! Thank goodness fireworks are only set off for a few hours! I know he felt safe and secure now that you're home, and I would love to have seen that reunion.😊

~~~ All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles When we went upstairs last night, he just casually jumped up and lay across the bed.  Befor we left, he couldn't figure how to get on our bed!  Seems the sitter may have "taught" puppy something!

He has a beautifully padded bed right next to ours with a cuddle dud of mine.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

~~~ All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles When we went upstairs last night, he just casually jumped up and lay across the bed.  Befor we left, he couldn't figure how to get on our bed!  Seems the sitter may have "taught" puppy something!

He has a beautifully padded bed right next to ours with a cuddle dud of mine.

@ECBG  Awwww. That's so cute! He grew up while you were gone.😁 It sounds like he is a little spoiled too.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Honored Contributor

@wilma  - You must have an absoutely lovely voice if you're the soloist!  Smiley Happy   Gosh, I imagine it's going to be quite awhile before you'll be able to sing in church again.

@Icegoddess  - aren't you a member of the choir in your church?  Are you not singing either in your service for now?  

Although things are quite different in church services now,  at least you all can get the chance to see folks and say hello - even from a little distance.  

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@wilma  - You must have an absoutely lovely voice if you're the soloist!  Smiley Happy   Gosh, I imagine it's going to be quite awhile before you'll be able to sing in church again.

@Icegoddess  - aren't you a member of the choir in your church?  Are you not singing either in your service for now?  

Although things are quite different in church services now,  at least you all can get the chance to see folks and say hello - even from a little distance.  

@San Antonio Gal even before the pandemic our choir had dwindled to almost a large ensemble.  It was to the point that if more than one person didn't show up, we might not even sing.  At this point I'm not sure we will ever have one again.  I also sang in a small group we called a Praise Team.  When we started back church at the end of May, the Praise Team is in charge of doing the hymns and a special song (unless someone wants to do a solo).  We don't wear masks on stage, but the stage is not very close to the congregation. 

Congregational singing is optional.  We did have the words on the screen, but we were using the other church's equipment for that.  We allow a startup church that is aimed at the college crowd to use our facilities.  They had to shut down due to one of their staff members testing positive which left us without the equipment so no way to give the congregation the words.

There was a discussion before we started back about not having congregational singing, but the congregation really wanted it even if they don't actually sing.  I do feel a little funny singing hymns without the congregation joining in, although I can't be sure with the masks on, since we are already doing a special piece.  

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles and ladies ,

Scared Shadow

• 20200705_191821.jpg
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

Thank you for the kind words. Lots of people have complimented me on my singing. I truly believe my voice is my gift. I love sharing it with others whether it be in times of joy or for comfort in times of sorrow. Most of my singing has been in church, but I have performed in public for some local & regional festivals & charity events. I was also the lead vocalist in a band for a few years. 

My mother was a singer so my love of singing began at a very early age. She sang to us as children. We learned lots of childhood favorites that way. I also remember her singing sacred songs & show tunes around the house. I think of my mom often when I sing, especially, when I sing her favorite, Schubert’s “Ave Maria”. 

One of my most vivid memories as a child was when I was about 5 - 6 years old. The choir loft was strictly off limits to children, but I begged and was “allowed” to come up if I sat quietly while my mom & the choir were singing. I couldn’t help but sing along softly which was noticed. Everyone in the choir (except my mom, of course) was shocked at the quality of my voice at such a young age. From that moment on I started singing in my church. 

Over 50 years later, most of those choir members have passed away, including my mother in 2012. The few that are still alive are over 80 years old. Of course, other members have come & gone. I have lots of great memories of good people sharing their vocal talents over the years. 

Sorry this got so long. Singing is definitely one of my greatest joys! 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Went to church for the first time since March 15. We are at reduced capacity, practicing social distancing, and masks are mandatory. No passing of collection baskets, no communal prayer books in pews, and no touching others (unless they live in your house 😉). 

Since singing really sprays particles around in the air we are not singing right now either. 🤐 I miss singing a lot, but I do feel it’s safer not to sing. Usually I am the soloist so I wear a dress with heels. Since I was not up there singing I dressed differently today. Even with my mask, someone recognized me as the soloist, and asked me if I came to sing. I had to tell them that there still was no singing allowed. They were disappointed. 

It definitely felt good being back in the worship space. Watching on the TV or computer is fine, but it’s just not the same. It was nice to see people, but hanging around & having conversations is discouraged. Trying to be as safe as possible. Lots of waving from a distance to people I’d not since since March. 😃 

Hope everyone has a great week!

Dress Barn top

Peck & Peck pants from Stein Mart 

Cole Haan flats

89871B32-CA46-4C40-9444-0A124C7FACB5.jpeg

@wilma I love how you paired this casual look, and your beautiful blouse! Because I am a flower fanatic, the placement of the pretty flowers caught my attention instantly. Well done!😊👍👍 

I can only imagine how disappointing it is to not be able to sing in person, and can tell you miss it dearly, but am sure the congregation misses it just as much.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles and ladies ,

Scared Shadow

• 20200705_191821.jpg

@ECBG This pic of Shadow is ADORABLE!! I just want to give him a big ol' hug!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖