Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@MickD wrote:

Hello outfitters!  Got back from a trail run with dog and son.....nice and sunny!  It's supposed to rain for the next few days.  Wearing athleta black capri tights, champion grey t.......sweat and dust....no snakes!

@MickD Noticed you listed the dog before your son.  Did the dog keep up better?????Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@NYCLatinaMeOh my goodness!  You HEARD the skyscrapers falling?  I can't imagine.

I had 30 teenagers to take care of when I didn't know myself what was going on.  The coverage started during the daily 10 min. morning news show we had.

Those who don't want to read about 9/11, skip this paragraph.  My office at the time was about 3 blocks away from the towers but I couldn't see them from my vantage point becase of the buildings betwen the towers and me. And Manhattan is hilly.  I was walking to work while almost everyone was walking in the opposite direction (away from the towers).  I had known that a plane had flown into the WTC before I left home, but the news had said it was a small plane.  I had no days off at work because I had just returned to work from surgery, so I was determined to make it in.  Before I entered the subway in the park where I usually take it, the park was full of people watching the towers smoking, which we were close enough to see (less than 2 miles away). The subways were running so I got in, and they stopped running within walking distance of my office, so I kept walking to the office, in the direction of the towers, while most people walked away.  I had walked out of the subway with a young attorney who was on her way to her office in the WTC.  I had enough common sense to tell her they won't let her in, to go home and call her mother, tell her she was OK.  But the girl was dtermined, she had to pick a file for a court proceeding.  I repeatedly told her she didn't have to worry about that.  But all of a sudden people started stampeding.  I asked what was going on but no one would tell me.  I lost the girl in the melee.  Eventually I heard boom, boom, boom, boom....  I thought they were explosions, I now think it was the collapse of the floors of the first tower to fall.  I was about 4 blocks away.  I looked up and saw orange clouds in the sky moving in my direction.  I was raised catholic and the thought of the end of the world was my first thought.  I decided to turn around, praying.  I tried to get a ride home (since I was recuperating from major abdominal surgery) but had no luck.  I walked home, about 45 mins.  People were congregating around cars and listening to radios, and I tried to listen in, but people were cursing arabs, and I have been confused for an arab, so I kept walking.  A couple of block from my home I stopped by a CVS like store, and that is where I found out the towers had fallen.  This is before cell phones were common.  So I got home to a message from my sister In Saint Louis, and we were able to connect.  She told me to go to the grocery store and stock up, and I did.  I went home and took a shower and was black anb blue all over.  I had never been scared before (I am a naturally adventurous youngest child), but I was then.  I attribute it to my weakened state due to surgery.  I spent a lot of time outsde, I knew the city would never be the same and wanted to take in everything.  I went to the bookstore and boutght NYC picture books.  I watched TV religiously waiting to hear they had recovered people from the WTC but they never recovered anyone alive.  I wanted to help so bad, but couldn't.  We went back to work a few weeks later.  There were workers outside my office in hazmat suits cleaning up City Hall which was right across the street from my office.  Our offices were clean, they had closed the air vents right away. Not much work was done, but I was happy to be in the office.  We found a terrrace where we could see the WTC still smoking.  It went on for weeks.  In the walk from the subway to my office, I would sometimes breathe through my mouth and could chew the air.

Scary and sad times.

A little bit like now, but different, because there is no community.  The only place anyone will speak to anyone in person is the drugstore, supermarket or Staples.  I live in an apartment building and everyone avoids everyone else.  My immediate neighbors I am guessing are in their country house, as I am sure most people in my building are.

So those with families at home have a riskier, but better life.

Hope you are all doing well.  I am well, in need of sanitizing wipes, sanitizing cleaner...

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@lolakimono  -  I really like the vintage friendship bracelet.  So cute.

I remember we used to make them (or something similar) when I was a girl.  Safety pins, right?

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma love wrapdresses!

Esteemed Contributor

So these are rent the runway Work From Home suggestions.  Pretty sure I have this covered...

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

keeping NY clothing manufacturers busy...

IMG_1470.jpg

Honored Contributor

The father of rock 'n' roll was actually a woman! Hoo yah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwSiieNFBXI

I just learned about her this weekend from satellite radio and I think it's amazing!

CA82EE96-E098-4726-A275-B1B16F7B2824.jpeg

Nothing too exciting since I'm in the office all by my lonesome. A new day accordion pleated tank and banana republic chinos

“Rap is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art”

Honored Contributor

If I can't go to Nashville, I'll bring Nashville to me!Cat Tongue

J. Crew sweatshirt (new to me from Poshmark)

A.N.A. tank

Kut from the Kloth paisley jeans

Penelope Chilvers boots

Honored Contributor

This seems appropriate right about now.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OyBtMPqpNY

22C59F81-2B1E-4EA4-BCD3-E8B8CA4F7BF2.jpegOne world tank in purple and green which is actually a beautiful combination and I'm sorry you can't see it better. the jeans are true religion

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@wilma love wrapdresses!

@NYCLatinaMe 

Me too. I own several.