Esteemed Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@Icegoddess wrote:

First cold day in awhile.  Today's outfit included a Dennis Basso suede moto jacket and for @Andreatoo a pair of BCBG Generations Booties.  Crazy shoes are my guilty pleasure.  I think I probably got the booties at one of the sample sale sites like Beyond the Rack.  

Jan 19 2020 Outfit.jpg BCBG Generations Booties.jpg

@Icegoddess  I love your booties!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess Thank you.  As a child did you have any red in your hair?  Do you feel you are sallow?  How was your hair as a child?

Any colors that cause bad lights on your face?

Traditionally,  "winters" are Elizabeth Taylor's coloring, or true ashe blonde  like me.  I also am a light olive which is also winter.  My eyes are dark hazel with a gray rim.  Most people think my eyes are deep brown until I am outside.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Icegoddess Thank you.  As a child did you have any red in your hair?  Do you feel you are sallow?  How was your hair as a child?

Any colors that cause bad lights on your face?

Traditionally,  "winters" are Elizabeth Taylor's coloring, or true ashe blonde's  like me.  I also am a light olive which is also winter.

@ECBG , my natural haircolor was kind of a chestnut color.  All of my childhood pics are black & white, but I do remember getting mad when someone said something about me being a redhead.  Now, I embrace it.  My Dad hated that I colored my hair, but it's all grey underneath now, so it doesn't matter.  

Never felt sallow or yellow at all.  All the foundations sold on the Q are yellow on me.  My best match so far is a Nars Mont Blanc which is for fair skin with neutral undertones, but, I also think I could go with a pink undertone too.  Like I said, it was many years ago and I couldn't say that she was properly trained.  She mostly just wanted to sell me Amway makeup.  

I gravitate towards darker colors burgundy, browns, dark green and olive, but also navy.  I don't care for orange all by itself, but I have a favorite summer top that is a mixture of oranges, red, and blue.  I stay away from pastels and purple.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess Thank you.  From the eyes, and hearing about your hair as a child, I believe you are either Autumn, which are the darker eyes and coloring, and Spring which are the more delicate of that side of the wheel.

Here are Spring's colors.  Remember, we're referring to shadows under the eyes and around the mouth, not what a color does to figure challenges.

Only Winter has full on white because our features are strong.  Yours would be egg shell for Spring, full on lt. beige for Autumn.

Can you wear these colors under your face?  When you try on clothes, how do you do with peach?

See the source image

AUTUMN

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I couldn't tell you which palette would look best against my skin.  I can only tell you the colors I gravitate to.  If I had to choose a palette, I would go with the Autumn one over the Spring one, but I also would add in colors probably from all the palettes.  Like, there's no navy or burgundy in the Autumn palette.  I just wear what I like and feel like looks good on my body type.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

Have you seen the new Free People spring group?  The group has a peachy pink and denim blue hue.  I saw it when I took a sweater back to Dillards.  Hate their 30 day window!

Free People Mix N Match Embroidered Long Wide Sleeve Blouse

Free People Gardenia V-Neck Embellishment Detail Tunic

I guess they're doing real bells, lol!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

In the first photo is that a top or a jacket over a top

@ECBG wrote:

@Andreatoo 

Have you seen the new Free People spring group?  The group has a peachy pink and denim blue hue.  I saw it when I took a sweater back to Dillards.  Hate their 30 day window!

Free People Mix N Match Embroidered Long Wide Sleeve Blouse

Free People Gardenia V-Neck Embellishment Detail Tunic

I guess they're doing real bells, lol!Smiley Happy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox It's a top, my Dear.  I think the little bit of extra fullness may be your concern.

Hope you're on the mend by the way!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Thanks it is a bit full 

@ECBG wrote:

@I am still oxox It's a top, my Dear.  I think the little bit of extra fullness may be your concern.

Hope you're on the mend by the way!Smiley Happy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

D & Co. top

Land's End vest

LLB jeans

Tory Burch boots