Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@Icegoddess wrote:

@ECBG Glad the Skechers are working for you.  I have given up on Skechers at least for now.  They used to be my sneaker of choice, but in the last year or so,every pair I have, whether it be tie or bungee, starts to hurt my feet after a few hours.  None of my other shoes do this, so I don't think my feet have widened.  

@Icegoddess 

You may want to look up metatarsal pain; it's very common with those that wear heels.  I remember my GM that owned the shoe store talked about it.

With me, it was pain like a severe soreness or sunburn right behind my toes.  Walking was so painful!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@ECBG Glad the Skechers are working for you.  I have given up on Skechers at least for now.  They used to be my sneaker of choice, but in the last year or so,every pair I have, whether it be tie or bungee, starts to hurt my feet after a few hours.  None of my other shoes do this, so I don't think my feet have widened.  

@Icegoddess 

You may want to look up metatarsal pain; it's very common with those that wear heels.  I remember my GM that owned the shoe store talked about it.

With me, it was pain like a severe soreness or sunburn right behind my toes.  Walking was so painful!

@ECBG , It's not that kind of pain.  It's more like my shoes have suddenly become too tight.  Just an all over foot pain.  And it happens whether I'm walking or just sitting or just standing.  I just have to get them off and then all is well.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Our feet do widen as we age.  A half size up may do it.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG if wider feet was the case, I would expect the same problem to happen with all my closed shoes.  I have some Clarks I got this year that are a bit snugger than I expected probably because I wear thick socks with them, and some Vionics I've had for years and neither of them feel tighter or hurt my feet even with wearing them all day.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@ECBG if wider feet was the case, I would expect the same problem to happen with all my closed shoes.  I have some Clarks I got this year that are a bit snugger than I expected probably because I wear thick socks with them, and some Vionics I've had for years and neither of them feel tighter or hurt my feet even with wearing them all day.  

@Icegoddess 

I know, you would expect that.  Shoes run more wide or more narrow from mfg to mfg.  It can depend on the country where they're made.  I can't wear Earth brand their shoes are cute!  Too narrow.

Also, you have stretched out some of the shoes you've worn for a while.

Honored Contributor

Ice Goddess:  Beautiful, flattering Easter dress. 

ECBG:  Always wishing you good, healing health.

And everyone else here.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well ladies, here's where I stand.  I started physical therapy yesterday.  I have a lot to do and she's really good.  I am very weak.  She thinks we can do this in  2 appts in 6 weeks, I say 8 if by then.

The first spine doctor 2 weeks ago did a rough pencil sketch of my spine and said "I think it will be a shot here and here.  I'll put you on Novocaine cream first.

He was with me 3 minutes tops.

The cream never came after repeated calls to that office.

Today I went to a different spine doctor that wanted extra x rays and an MRI very soon.  He may put me on gabapentin.  We'll see how it goes.  He spent a lot of time with me and pointed out things on my x ray.

I'll STAY with #2.  He's a spine surgeon and I feel confident with him.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG 

I do hope this new doctor will help you heal and have less pain. Keep an eye on any reaction you might have with gabapentin. For many people it is a very helpful medication.  For a few people, my husband for example, they can have adverse reactions impacting their mental state. I AM NOT saying you should be nervous about this medication, just watchful and to advise your doc if something seems weird to you.

Take care.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:

@ECBG 

I do hope this new doctor will help you heal and have less pain. Keep an eye on any reaction you might have with gabapentin. For many people it is a very helpful medication.  For a few people, my husband for example, they can have adverse reactions impacting their mental state. I AM NOT saying you should be nervous about this medication, just watchful and to advise your doc if something seems weird to you.

Take care.

@kate2357 

Many thanks.  He told me if I felt "weird" at all to stop and call him.  He treats but is actually a surgeon.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Thanks for the update.

Hope you get to feeling like yourself again soon!

Best Wishes to You and Your Family! 🌈