Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@tends2dogs    For the reasons you mentioned we quit attending worship service...we now go to Sunday School.  The music was loud and repetitive, very much like the group is putting on a show for us...all are talented but just not our style. I miss attending church.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

I don't find your comments intrusive. Thank you for taking the time to share your input. There are pros and cons for both staying and leaving. I thought retiring early from my teaching career was a difficult decision. This is much worse. Lots of things to consider. 

Best Wishes to You!

Honored Contributor

I hope everyone is doing well!

We're a cool 60 degrees and bright sun.

We went to vote and the grocery store today, so I got to go out for the first time in almost a month!  Yeahhhhhh!!!!!

I went in with DH.

I found as long as I held on to one of the little "half carts" I was ok!

Almost pain free, still on 80 mg ibuprofen.

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess
So nice to see you again! You look wonderful! Love the jacket and pants! I hope to see more photos of you soon!☺️
Honored Contributor

@Parischic 

How wonderful to see you!!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Wilma:   I'm still teetering 'back and forth'......I

'm not a Libra, but I always think and act like one.

Back and forth, back and forth......always wishing to 'balance out' everything.

I'm sure you will make the best decision for yourself, no matter what, where, when, etc.

Wishing you and everyone here good luck, always.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@wilma 

I only follow this thread a bit, but my sympathy for the shift in music focus.  How disquieting for you.

Would a youth choir director position be more fulfilling for you?

That was where I was introduced to music.  A wonderful lesson for kids to be responsible for attendance too.  

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining 

Thank you for your kind words and your thoughts on the situation. 

I was introduced to music when I was very young. My mother loved to sing around the house, and she sang in the choir. A nun taught me guitar at the age of 9 and had me playing at school masses through 8th grade. I played guitar & sang in high school, and I worked with music teachers for student choirs and musical productions during my teaching career. 

Since I do not play piano very well, it would be difficult to get hired as a music director at a church whether it be youth or adult choir. When I had leadership roles in the past with our choir, we had a dedicated pianist who played for us. I helped run rehearsals and played guitar sometimes during those years. 

Thank you again for your concern. 

Best Wishes to You.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To All...

I know we discuss other things then our outfits here, but I feel like the situation with my choir has dominated most of this thread lately. I want to apologize for that. 

I regret posting much of that information. I have been very upset, and my comments definitely reflect my state of mind. I've debated going back and editing my posts to remove most of the content, so if you notice those changes later, I hope you will understand why. 

Please know I appreciate your kind words of support. I am not upset with any of you. I'm more upset with myself for posting the issue to this community. I feel like I should have kept the situation to myself. My family know about it, and that should be enough. 

I will not be posting on this thread or on the forums for awhile. I will let you know when I make a final decision on whether to stay or leave my parish and choir. 

Best Wishes to Everyone! 

Valued Contributor

@ECBG I'm glad you got to get out! Must of felt good to go for a ride, breath in fresh air and take in the seasons slowly changing. Can't wait to see you dressed and back to work soon! Glad you're feeling better!